1. Halo 2 - I felt this had the most varied environments, and the set pieces were wonderful. The first time I blew up that Scarab on the Earth level was so orgasmic, few games could provide a more satisfying feeling. I think the storyline in this one was also the most cinematic and interesting.
2. Halo CE - A classic. Also has great environments, a great story and by far the BEST weapon sound effects EVER IN A GAME. I still wonder to this day why the rest of the Halos never brought back the original Assault Rifle sound effect.
3. Halo 4 - A very short adventure, but the interaction between Chief and Cortana was very emotional, and goddamn that flying level is probably #2 in greatest Halo moments, following the Scarab in H2. I also was a bit disappointed there were only two new enemy types.
4. Halo 3/Reach: I do really like both campaigns but have some problems with both as well. Halo 3 had too little enemy variety and the environments got a bit stale after a while. Reach differs in that it has great enemy variety and really great environments, but the characters are simply unsympathetic, uninteresting, and the writing for it was generally weak.
Halo 2 Halo 4 Halo 3 ODST CE --- "Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#46Wreck_ChordsPosted 11/12/2012 8:35:55 PM
1) Halo 4 2) Reach 3) Halo 3 4) Halo CE
Didn't play 2's campaign. Yes, I do think Reach's campaign was pretty awesome. Yes, I also thought the game in general was pretty terrible, I'm not a Reach lover, though I gotta admit, Halo 4 is my favorite Halo since CE. --- GamerTag: Sic DieshinZ