Why do you hate Call of Duty?

#11VeluxierPosted 11/11/2012 9:07:43 PM
I dislike CoD because of it's realism, and serious atmosphere.

But I won't hate anyone who likes CoD. If theyre having fun, why should I stop them? I can indeed see why they are having fun!
---
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Halo 4, Pokemon Black Version 2
#12Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/11/2012 9:08:54 PM
Veluxier posted...
I dislike CoD because of it's realism, and serious atmosphere.

This post makes me want to smash my head against the wall.
---
I don't care.
#13ODommPosted 11/11/2012 9:09:11 PM
Call of Duty was only fun for me back in early MW2 (never owned Cod4), back when all your friends were on and it didn't matter whether you went hard in something like Search and Destroy or just had little mess around customs. Me and one of my friends back in MW2 would always see who could get the longer Deagle snipes in Hardcore Search, it was sooo much fun.
I might just be nostalgia gushing right now, but I can say I didn't enjoy MW3 as much. The map design went way downhill. Now the only thing I would consider playing Blops for is Zombies which is supposed to be pretty big this time around.

I don't hate Call of Duty, it just lost its luster a little bit. I can't comprehend how people can think this game sucks because it has CoD elements. They work really well and they're balanced, it was something new to the Halo series and it works. And the CoD elements don't even feel like CoD.
They've been Haloized so much that they feel like they belong in this game.

The Call of Duty and Halo hate is stupid imo
---
"DO YOU EVEN LIFT" - Lionheart Master
#14Dinkleb3rgPosted 11/11/2012 9:09:13 PM
It's not CoD I hate, it's what it's done to the industry. There are so many games going for the CoD crowd now, and it's making a lot of companies think they can get away with churning out the same game every year to staggering sales.
---
XBL-ThyCasualGamer
PSN-raidenX754
#15MeatwadMontanaPosted 11/11/2012 9:11:39 PM
I just got tired of Call of Duty, I had every one from CoD2 up to Modern Warfare 2, and I've played some Black Ops, but to me it just doesn't warrant a purchase every year. From game to game nothing really changes. I never had enough free time to do all the challenges and prestiges and stuff before the next one came out, and I've always had more fun in Halo. I'd say CoD4 was my favorite one. But the main reason we hate Call of Duty is because it's not Halo, and vice-versa.
#16ssj5goku2005Posted 11/11/2012 9:11:56 PM
I used to HATE Call of Duty 4 for taking Halo 3's crown as the king of FPSes, but I got over it and saw that CoD is actually pretty fun and addicting...now I play both...been playing Halo 4 and have Black Ops 2 paid off

I prefer Halo, but I also love CoD
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#17GGearXPosted 11/11/2012 9:14:15 PM
Dinkleb3rg posted...
It's not CoD I hate, it's what it's done to the industry. There are so many games going for the CoD crowd now, and it's making a lot of companies think they can get away with churning out the same game every year to staggering sales.

Tell me how successful that has been.... RE 6 developers said they wanted the COD crowd, and look at what happened to them.
Medal of honor? Horrible game

I only know of 3 successful FPS games. Halo, Cod, and battlefield.
Just because you make an FPS doesn't mean it's going to be successful.
Sooner or later all developers are going to realise that FPS /= instant money.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#18haste57Posted 11/11/2012 9:17:04 PM
I feel like call of duty is just too fast paced for what type of game it used to be to me. I started by playing the original call of duty for pc followed by united offensive expansion pack and those were my favorites.

Back then it was slower paced with a bit of run and gun but often times some1 with a decent shot would just about always dominate a run and gunner just because it was so damn innacurate.

Now a days it just feels like you can spray and pray with perfect accuracy when you're scoped in and it just pisses me off to no end.

I just want rainbow six 3/ black arrow expansion back into the main stream the way it used to be or atleast a slower paced cod with no killstreaks or shooting through concrete walls 24/7.

That's my rant on why i "hate" cod lol.
#19CharityDiaryPosted 11/11/2012 9:24:43 PM
Dinkleb3rg posted...

Yep. Pretty much this.
#20FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/11/2012 9:26:23 PM
Don't hate, just pissed it always has to come out with a new version every year.

I have never played a cod campaign though....
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393