Why do you hate Call of Duty?

#101Special-EddPosted 11/12/2012 7:17:52 AM
I'm with the people who don't hate CoD. In fact I've been buying every one since MW. The first MW was fantastic and really took the franchise to a whole new level. I enjoyed WaW a lot even though it was a bit of a MW reskin set in WW2. MW3 was a bit disappointing but Black Ops 2 seems to be taking the game into a different direction. I always thought the Treyarch versions were a little more interesting.

I also love Halo. It has been one of my favorite franchises of all time. I love the story and can't get enough of it. The multiplayer has always kept me coming back (except for Reach). I bought Halo 4 with the intention of playing both it and Blops 2 for months to come. I'll probably rage at Halo for a bit and go play CoD. Then I'll do the exact opposite over and over again.
---
Playing: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, AC 3, Halo 4
Anticipating: Hitman: Absolution, Gears of War: Judgement, GoW: Ascension
#102LooksLikeRainPosted 11/12/2012 7:34:54 AM
I enjoy Halo and activision CoD. However, cod feels like one big reaction time test most of the time, but that's ok.

Basically, I play cod when I want to chill out. I play Halo when I want to play a competitive game.
---
They call 'em rogues. They travel fast and alone.
#103casedawgzPosted 11/12/2012 7:42:15 AM
I play them both but I prefer Halo. I feel like in CoD you're either good or you're not. It's so reflex-intensive that if your twitch skills aren't where they need to be you just die constantly. I like the slower pace of Halo. When I play a lot of Halo I see myself really improving and learning how to get better. No matter how much CoD I play I always hover around a 1:1 kdr.

I also like the fact that all the weapons are vastly different from each other in Halo. Real world guns can only be so different: fire rate, recoil, damage, accuracy, etc. Halo has your standard assault rifles, sniper rifles etc. but it also has crazy stuff like the Needler, the plasma pistol etc. It also has vehicles in multiplayer. I feel like it just had more variety, which keeps it fresh for me.
#104Blizzard09Posted 11/12/2012 7:43:03 AM
xTheCEOx posted...
I am posting the same question in the Black Ops 2 forum but with Halo in the topic title. I have owned every Halo and Call of Duty game and like both. I prefer COD over the last few years but think both games have their pros and cons. Im curious why all the hate between the Halo and COD fans? Thoughts?

Black Ops 2 will be a good game. As for other CoD games they are so poorly done, graphics are nothing special, Weapons have next to zero recoil, Hit boxes were bad and way off, Single player was very bad. Game in general was made to be too easy, I mean my 9 year old niece gets on CoD and gets kill streaks going, it makes bads seem good and its a camp fest and rewards camping. Not to mention the glitches that are never fix'd and they are game breaking. ( I like CoD games cause they are fun to play with friends,, but sooo much wrong with them)
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#105Lunar4Posted 11/12/2012 7:47:46 AM
Disastersaurus posted...
JediBoB101 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
I've got a lot of reasons I hate COD, but let me just lay out a few to try and keep this readable. Keep in mind, I hate these in EVERY shooter they're in, not just COD, so I'm not trying to be biased.

-Accuracy on weapons. I hate this. I don't like the idea of sustained fire reducing my aim, and I should be able to move at full speed and shoot at the same time. The game shouldn't tell me how accurate I am; every single gun should fire at the exact pixel I aim at. And don't say realism, f*** realism. This is a game. Yes, I hate this in Halo too.

-Slow. The movement speed is ridiculous. No double-jump, no teleporting, no skis, jetpacks...it's awful. There's only two aspects to a shooter, fundamentally: moving and shooting. Why would you neuter half of that?

-Weak characters. People shouldn't die in less than three seconds unless you're using a power weapon. There's no room for battles here, no chance to escape, no thrill of chasing a weakened enemy.

-Boring weapons. Guns and explosives. Wow. There's nothing interesting. Just hitscan bullcrap and boring rockets. I want weapons with interesting effects. Give me projectiles that bounce off walls, guns that shoot through solid objects, spiralling triple rockets, flak cannons...get -creative-, goddamn it.

-No weapon spawns. I don't really like loadouts. Map control is important, and fighting over weapons is fun.

-Cluttered maps. I hate this. I want room to run and jump, not crap getting in the way. Of course, this is a product of that ridiculous reliance on 'cover' the games have, ugh.

Anyway, that's a small fraction of my beefs with the franchise.

Wtf kind of games do you play?? Only thing I can think of that matches any of this is unreal tournament, but that's a product of the past. Welcome to 2012, yes it kind of sucks

And now you know why I'm pissed off about Modern shooters.

However, it's not all bad. I don't need -all- of those things to enjoy a shooter, think of it like 'the more the better'.

Last year had Serious Sam 3, Tribes: Ascend, and Hard Reset. Those were all pretty good.

Borderlands 2 was pretty okay this year.

The problem is there's just no multiplayer shooter ['cept Tribes] that fits these.

However, Halo is the only one that even comes close. Again, besides Tribes. And Tribes is pretty awesome, but I also like having a ranking system. :<

go play Planetside 2
#106DisastersaurusPosted 11/12/2012 5:47:04 PM
Lunar4 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
JediBoB101 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
I've got a lot of reasons I hate COD, but let me just lay out a few to try and keep this readable. Keep in mind, I hate these in EVERY shooter they're in, not just COD, so I'm not trying to be biased.

-Accuracy on weapons. I hate this. I don't like the idea of sustained fire reducing my aim, and I should be able to move at full speed and shoot at the same time. The game shouldn't tell me how accurate I am; every single gun should fire at the exact pixel I aim at. And don't say realism, f*** realism. This is a game. Yes, I hate this in Halo too.

-Slow. The movement speed is ridiculous. No double-jump, no teleporting, no skis, jetpacks...it's awful. There's only two aspects to a shooter, fundamentally: moving and shooting. Why would you neuter half of that?

-Weak characters. People shouldn't die in less than three seconds unless you're using a power weapon. There's no room for battles here, no chance to escape, no thrill of chasing a weakened enemy.

-Boring weapons. Guns and explosives. Wow. There's nothing interesting. Just hitscan bullcrap and boring rockets. I want weapons with interesting effects. Give me projectiles that bounce off walls, guns that shoot through solid objects, spiralling triple rockets, flak cannons...get -creative-, goddamn it.

-No weapon spawns. I don't really like loadouts. Map control is important, and fighting over weapons is fun.

-Cluttered maps. I hate this. I want room to run and jump, not crap getting in the way. Of course, this is a product of that ridiculous reliance on 'cover' the games have, ugh.

Anyway, that's a small fraction of my beefs with the franchise.

Wtf kind of games do you play?? Only thing I can think of that matches any of this is unreal tournament, but that's a product of the past. Welcome to 2012, yes it kind of sucks

And now you know why I'm pissed off about Modern shooters.

However, it's not all bad. I don't need -all- of those things to enjoy a shooter, think of it like 'the more the better'.

Last year had Serious Sam 3, Tribes: Ascend, and Hard Reset. Those were all pretty good.

Borderlands 2 was pretty okay this year.

The problem is there's just no multiplayer shooter ['cept Tribes] that fits these.

However, Halo is the only one that even comes close. Again, besides Tribes. And Tribes is pretty awesome, but I also like having a ranking system. :<

go play Planetside 2

I will when it comes out.
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#107no1oblivionfanPosted 11/12/2012 5:55:06 PM
Because it's the same recycled garbage every year. Sure MW2 was great (Except for two things, Commando and OMA NT.) but it went downhill from there. MW2 introduced an optimized engine which made the game look and play better which was a huge selling point for me.

It is the pinnacle of what is wrong with the gaming industry. It's the same thing every year with a new theme. That is all. Nothing more, anything new they add doesn't get utilized much, and it's mostly a gimmick. It's blatanly evident that Activision are completely milking their customers, which are probably under 17 (IMO of course, I have not seen an official demographic of ages.) CoD is an amazing game for the casual player who may play the game once or twice a week. But for people who play more, I really don't see how it's fun. It's based on connection and luck. Oh and the community is horrible.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e