Why do you hate Call of Duty?

#21GGearXPosted 11/11/2012 9:27:41 PM
FlufyW0lf3y posted...
Don't hate, just pissed it always has to come out with a new version every year.

I have never played a cod campaign though....

Oh! A fluffy woof! *pets fluffy wolf*
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#22DisastersaurusPosted 11/11/2012 9:29:06 PM(edited)
I've got a lot of reasons I hate COD, but let me just lay out a few to try and keep this readable. Keep in mind, I hate these in EVERY shooter they're in, not just COD, so I'm not trying to be biased.

-Accuracy on weapons. I hate this. I don't like the idea of sustained fire reducing my aim, and I should be able to move at full speed and shoot at the same time. The game shouldn't tell me how accurate I am; every single gun should fire at the exact pixel I aim at. And don't say realism, f*** realism. This is a game. Yes, I hate this in Halo too.

-Slow. The movement speed is ridiculous. No double-jump, no teleporting, no skis, jetpacks...it's awful. There's only two aspects to a shooter, fundamentally: moving and shooting. Why would you neuter half of that?

-Weak characters. People shouldn't die in less than three seconds unless you're using a power weapon. There's no room for battles here, no chance to escape, no thrill of chasing a weakened enemy.

-Boring weapons. Guns and explosives. Wow. There's nothing interesting. Just hitscan bullcrap and boring rockets. I want weapons with interesting effects. Give me projectiles that bounce off walls, guns that shoot through solid objects, spiralling triple rockets, flak cannons...get -creative-, goddamn it.

-No weapon spawns. I don't really like loadouts. Map control is important, and fighting over weapons is fun.

-Cluttered maps. I hate this. I want room to run and jump, not crap getting in the way. Of course, this is a product of that ridiculous reliance on 'cover' the games have, ugh.

Anyway, that's a small fraction of my beefs with the franchise.
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#23FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/11/2012 9:30:25 PM
GGearX posted...
FlufyW0lf3y posted...
Don't hate, just pissed it always has to come out with a new version every year.

Growls and bites hand.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#24GGearXPosted 11/11/2012 9:34:18 PM
FlufyW0lf3y posted...
GGearX posted...
FlufyW0lf3y posted...

Growls and bites hand.

Bad wolf, bad! No food for you! * runs away with bleeding hand*
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#25JediBoB101Posted 11/11/2012 9:35:11 PM
Disastersaurus posted...
I've got a lot of reasons I hate COD, but let me just lay out a few to try and keep this readable. Keep in mind, I hate these in EVERY shooter they're in, not just COD, so I'm not trying to be biased.

-Accuracy on weapons. I hate this. I don't like the idea of sustained fire reducing my aim, and I should be able to move at full speed and shoot at the same time. The game shouldn't tell me how accurate I am; every single gun should fire at the exact pixel I aim at. And don't say realism, f*** realism. This is a game. Yes, I hate this in Halo too.

-Slow. The movement speed is ridiculous. No double-jump, no teleporting, no skis, jetpacks...it's awful. There's only two aspects to a shooter, fundamentally: moving and shooting. Why would you neuter half of that?

-Weak characters. People shouldn't die in less than three seconds unless you're using a power weapon. There's no room for battles here, no chance to escape, no thrill of chasing a weakened enemy.

-Boring weapons. Guns and explosives. Wow. There's nothing interesting. Just hitscan bullcrap and boring rockets. I want weapons with interesting effects. Give me projectiles that bounce off walls, guns that shoot through solid objects, spiralling triple rockets, flak cannons...get -creative-, goddamn it.

-No weapon spawns. I don't really like loadouts. Map control is important, and fighting over weapons is fun.

-Cluttered maps. I hate this. I want room to run and jump, not crap getting in the way. Of course, this is a product of that ridiculous reliance on 'cover' the games have, ugh.

Anyway, that's a small fraction of my beefs with the franchise.

Wtf kind of games do you play?? Only thing I can think of that matches any of this is unreal tournament, but that's a product of the past. Welcome to 2012, yes it kind of sucks
---
GT: Thunderbird718
Proud 3DS owner as well
#26jpraelsterPosted 11/11/2012 9:36:10 PM
Because its the same game every year and I dont wanna pay for a 60 dollar add on
#27Link43130Posted 11/11/2012 9:36:19 PM
because if cod does well then halo must be doing poorly AND I WONT STAND FOR THAT
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#28jenovaPosted 11/11/2012 9:36:37 PM
It's not the game, it's the people who play it.
---
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh; fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding a simple ending without DLC...
#29FlufyW0lf3yPosted 11/11/2012 9:37:32 PM
Both the statements above are the exact reason
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#30JenniferTatePosted 11/11/2012 9:38:13 PM
I don't, I just don't like the player base I've run across. Same reason I can't get into Dota 2.

I thought the Zombie DLC with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Danny Trejo was frickin' inspired, though. I've been tempted to grab it just to own that, but I don't know if it'd be fun single player.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.