Why do you hate Call of Duty?

#91vorpylPosted 11/12/2012 2:42:37 AM
CoD aims for realism. Halo aims for video game fun. They both accomplished their goal.

CoD went for realism and got old after 3 of the big games (CoD4MW, BO1, MW2). Halo is still video game fun. After several years, I still think Halo is more fun than CoD's multuplayer. CoD's campaigns are a better story than Halo. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is still better than either up until Halo 4. I really hope the next Rainbow Six blows all of them away. Sadly, I don't think it will.

In the meantime, I like Halo 4 better than the last 2 CoDs. I picked up Halo3, CoD4, CoD WAW, MW2, BO1, MW3, ODST, Reach, and Halo4 all as midnight releases. BO2 will be the first game of either series I don't pick up on launch day since Halo 3. I think that says a lot.

To me, CoD has catered to the campers. K/D is god in CoD, even if you play objective based games. It didn't used to be this way in Halo 1 and 2. People understood you didn't have to have the best K/D in Halo 1 and 2 when you played objective games like Capture the Flag. Strategy and points mattered more than individual K/D. I loved Headquarters and Domination in CoD, but inevitably so many people were worried about K/D they didn't try to win. Objective based games in Halo still work. They'll never work in the near future with CoD. Dominion, King of the Hill, and Capture the Flag in Halo 4 blow away Domination in CoD. I almost always go positive in either CoD deathmatch or Halo slayer, but I enjoy playing the other gametypes more where strategy makes a big difference. Halo 4 wins this fight so far. I sincerely hope BO2 fixes this problem somehow. I doubt it will.
---
"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend, to the death, your right to say it."
#92RiverofDenialPosted 11/12/2012 2:46:49 AM
I don't.

I used to only play Halo.
Then a friend of mine told me I should get Black Ops, and I played that for a long long time.
Then MW3 disappointed me severely.
Now I play Halo 4.

People who fanatically go around saying Halo or CoD sucks obviously have some deep psychological issues with one, perhaps being sexually molested by it in their childhood.

Or maybe they just haven't played it and jumped on the bandwagon for the sake of being on the bandwagon.
#93Leitchy117Posted 11/12/2012 3:04:28 AM
I don't hate it, I'm just simply not a fan. I think the lack of actual evolution between each game is pretty lazy (Activision, I guess), although I have nothing against it.
---
"Get out of your topic." - Eixrer
"Vuroja can only hope to be as manly as Sir Graav someday." -LucaGoers
#94Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/12/2012 3:06:50 AM
vorpyl posted...
CoD aims for realism. Halo aims for video game fun. They both accomplished their goal.

CoD went for realism and got old after 3 of the big games (CoD4MW, BO1, MW2). Halo is still video game fun. After several years, I still think Halo is more fun than CoD's multuplayer. CoD's campaigns are a better story than Halo. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is still better than either up until Halo 4. I really hope the next Rainbow Six blows all of them away. Sadly, I don't think it will.

In the meantime, I like Halo 4 better than the last 2 CoDs. I picked up Halo3, CoD4, CoD WAW, MW2, BO1, MW3, ODST, Reach, and Halo4 all as midnight releases. BO2 will be the first game of either series I don't pick up on launch day since Halo 3. I think that says a lot.

To me, CoD has catered to the campers. K/D is god in CoD, even if you play objective based games. It didn't used to be this way in Halo 1 and 2. People understood you didn't have to have the best K/D in Halo 1 and 2 when you played objective games like Capture the Flag. Strategy and points mattered more than individual K/D. I loved Headquarters and Domination in CoD, but inevitably so many people were worried about K/D they didn't try to win. Objective based games in Halo still work. They'll never work in the near future with CoD. Dominion, King of the Hill, and Capture the Flag in Halo 4 blow away Domination in CoD. I almost always go positive in either CoD deathmatch or Halo slayer, but I enjoy playing the other gametypes more where strategy makes a big difference. Halo 4 wins this fight so far. I sincerely hope BO2 fixes this problem somehow. I doubt it will.

This^

In COD there is a very bad habit of players for the most part not playing objective game modes as actual objective game modes. They mostly like to play them like some variant of TDM of DM.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#95SergioMach5Posted 11/12/2012 3:10:24 AM
The only CoD I hate is Modern Warfare 3, because it was an obvious reskin of MW2 without the potential fun of that game, and with no ambition in itself other than profit. At least Black Ops 2 will have changes to its predecessor.

Anyway I dont mind the other games, they have their fun and theres a reason that its the big multiplayer game for these consoles. Still, enjoying Halo 4 multiplayer a little...too much, its tempted me to delay my BO purchase
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#96JaidabeccaPosted 11/12/2012 3:13:18 AM
As a series, I don't hate it. I DO, however, hate Treyarch's CoD's because imo it seems like all they do(starting with WaW) is take whatever IW did really well in the previous game, f*** it up, add their own stupid s***, make the campaign incredibly boring bulls*** & slap on the name "Call of Duty" & be guaranteed to instantly sell millions upon release strictly because of the original hard work IW put into the game & how they built up the name.

Because of that, I have no interest in any Treyarch CoD.

TBH, though despite all of the BS & endless rage, my favorite will always be MW2. Something about it was just genuine fun that MW3 just wasn't able to recreate no matter how many games I played.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#97megaman_xdudePosted 11/12/2012 4:39:03 AM(edited)
If people enjoy the game more power to them, but I also don't like the series for what it did to the industry. The games are super effing lazy and they made so much money for being lazy and other game companies are starting to follow. Funny how they can repackage the same game each year and continue to get millions, but I guess that's just the world we live in now. People only care about what's new not buying the same game each year ($60 map packs) in and year out.
---
--I'm a warrior, I destroy Trollers and Fanboys with the power of common sense...
a power they don't possess!
#98FulvipPosted 11/12/2012 4:48:11 AM
I don't hate it, I just don't care much about it. Halo left more of an impact on me, so I'm more of a Halo guy. CoD is more for when I don't have any games to play and can get it relatively cheap just to try it out.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2
#99Emperor_mateusPosted 11/12/2012 4:51:28 AM
I don't hate Call of duty its just not my kind of series.

I played the black ops single player mode since my brother bought it and I had a surprising amount of fun, but i'm just not all that interested in "realistic" shooters.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#100TwilightPlaguePosted 11/12/2012 6:00:17 AM
I despise the community more tbh. You have a bunch of brain washed 10 year olds that think a shotty can kill from 30 ft away and think they can do that irl or think that the Rangers are the first line men in modern combat, while its the marines.
And then there are those that want to join the military, just so they can pull 360's and crap. I'm like the ****.
So mostly, stupidity.

The other reason is because COD copycats. But this had been going on long enough to other FSP, so it becomes an excuse.

That said, I hate the community
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the whiners hide and the flamers enjoy a nice meal of tearing your jugular out. Enjoy the stay :)