Im not a big call of duty guy but

#1TheDynastyPosted 11/11/2012 10:31:05 PM
Why does it seem so many features were taken from Halo's competitor when Halo the franchise is one of the few that doesn't need to change to challenge Call of Duty? Just a question for discussion loving the game so far.
---
Ramses Member Of The Buttascotch Boyz
#2deathmyrkPosted 11/11/2012 10:36:04 PM
I think it's a Microsoft thing. They did that with Gears of War 3. It was a huge success. Why not capitalize on something that works?
---
XBL GT: Deathmyrk
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 11/11/2012 10:37:04 PM
seriously did someone send out a memo to troll the Halo board today raving about COD?
#4chrishu311Posted 11/11/2012 10:39:02 PM
The progression in this game IS NOT call of duty.

It has unlockable items that you earn through progression, and earning points from the many levels you progress through.

This game has an RPG LEVELING SYSTEM.

RPG =/= COD
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#5TheDynasty(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 10:39:49 PM
not a troll i havent played call of duty in a long time, its obvious to see that halo cribbed some things from cod and its stupid halo doesn't need to take kill streaks, load outs and all that jazz, Halo is king of death match.

Halo innovates doesn't need to copy.
---
#6TheDynasty(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 10:41:38 PM
chrishu311 posted...

It has unlockable items that you earn through progression, and earning points from the many levels you progress through.

RPG =/= COD

But it would be a fair assessment that the most popular fps franchise incorporating these elements wold be?...., its fair to say this progression is not unique to Call of Duty but has been highly popularized by it.
---
#7GamingAntPosted 11/11/2012 10:42:20 PM
chrishu311 posted...

RPG =/= COD

Ordnances(scorestreaks), loadouts, perks, killcams, and probably some other crap I'm forgetting about are all featured and popularized by COD. It's not just the the leveling system. I prefer my CODs and Halos seperate.
---
Bobcats 2013 NBA Champs. Dynasty Incoming.
#8thievery0000000Posted 11/11/2012 10:50:17 PM
Several things make since to add.
Why did spartans need a special mod on their armor in order to sprint?
Why did every spartan start with the same weapons?

etc etc
---
XBL GT: w4m4rt s3cur1ty