Remember when we were worried that the Jetpack would make the game worse again?

#11saint35Posted 11/12/2012 3:56:20 AM
Let's eliminate variety for MLG and take out armor abilities. Eliminating certain strategies and tactics because some people can't adapt to them. That's a great way to evolve the gameplay.
---
Why modern education is failing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6c-HY8dck
#12Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/12/2012 4:03:11 AM
Jetpacks were not really that OP, they had their uses. Mostly gaining high ground before the enemy/getting to higher placed power-ups/weapons/vehicles. And really if you are using it out in the open it is going to end badly.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#13JustArtificialPosted 11/12/2012 4:33:08 AM
How does the jetpack make things worse? It just makes people get to their destination quicker. There's no combat benefit to it.

If anything has ruined the game, it's the 30% movement penalty when being shot. This ain't Gears Of War, the player isn't being shot it's the shield so it makes no sense for a virtual barrier to impair movement. And no one liked the thing in GOW, so why think people would like it here?
#14RiverofDenialPosted 11/12/2012 4:45:00 AM
JustArtificial posted...
How does the jetpack make things worse? It just makes people get to their destination quicker. There's no combat benefit to it.

If anything has ruined the game, it's the 30% movement penalty when being shot. This ain't Gears Of War, the player isn't being shot it's the shield so it makes no sense for a virtual barrier to impair movement. And no one liked the thing in GOW, so why think people would like it here?

You have a really good point there.
I hadn't thought of it earlier, but that stuff really is annoying as hell, especially when you're trying to get behind cover and the movement speed causes you to die.
#15iRGushPosted 11/12/2012 5:34:16 AM
saint35 posted...
Let's eliminate variety for MLG and take out armor abilities. Eliminating certain strategies and tactics because some people can't adapt to them. That's a great way to evolve the gameplay.

Lmao
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#16GollyFluffPosted 11/12/2012 5:41:23 AM
I use jet pack and love it. It helps me get around quicker. And sometimes I'll get a guy one shot and he'll duck behind some cover. I just fly up in the air, shoot head, and win. It's helped me several times.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#17ketnerjPosted 11/12/2012 5:48:02 AM
iRGush posted...
saint35 posted...

Lmao

---
360 GT = Samuel Adams
Part of the #1 Legendary 4-player ODST FireFight squad (with Pope Rex, UEG Panik, and mastercmj)
#18majormPosted 11/12/2012 5:53:39 AM
GollyFluff posted...
I use jet pack and love it. It helps me get around quicker. And sometimes I'll get a guy one shot and he'll duck behind some cover. I just fly up in the air, shoot head, and win. It's helped me several times.

Uh huh. And I suppose you're never been killed while hanging in the air either. There is a downside to everything. And there needs to be.
---
Five million Cybermen, no problem. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#19RichGamebuddyPosted 11/12/2012 6:12:06 AM
JustArtificial posted...

That is really annoying. It's necessary in GoW because it's a way to make shotguns not horribly overpowered (they still are though). There's no reason for it being in Halo.
---
The Official Alduin of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board
#20motosyko21Posted 11/12/2012 6:38:11 AM
Not a fan of jetpacks in general. They break the map flow, and are easy mid-air targets.

Flying pests.