Remember when we were worried that the Jetpack would make the game worse again?

#21BigTlovesBEERPosted 11/12/2012 6:50:19 AM
Jetpack is seriously dangerous if used correctly with teamwork, like a worm on a hook.

Fortunately, Halo 4 is full of stupid people so I don't feel the game is broken with the Jetpack. I've never seen anyone tear it up with the jetpack. I've never seen the jetpack used to an unfair advantage.

Promethean Vision, on the other hand, is cheat mode for me personally lol. My k/d surges with that ability wouldn't trade it for any of them.
#22sdchiPosted 11/12/2012 7:06:08 AM
I don't think the jetpack is nearly as bad as it was in Reach. You could really fly for much longer in Reach which made it annoying when people flew very high up and made it very difficult to get headshots on them.

The worst thing though was that it was in the Arena mode and there were quite a few spots on maps that could only be reached with a jetpack, and didn't give you the return to battlefield thing. It made sniper campers even more annoying. I haven't experienced any of that in Halo 4 yet.
#23Link2B125Posted 11/12/2012 7:58:01 AM
How does the jetpack make things worse? It just makes people get to their destination quicker. There's no combat benefit to it.

If anything has ruined the game, it's the 30% movement penalty when being shot. This ain't Gears Of War, the player isn't being shot it's the shield so it makes no sense for a virtual barrier to impair movement. And no one liked the thing in GOW, so why think people would like it here?

Sprint broke Reach the way it was in that game.

Oh what's that? I'm losing a fight? Well, lemme just sprint away with no repercussions!

It was stupid. The sprint in 4 is a thousand times more balanced.
---
XBLGT: Sanzaru PSN: TheRealSanzaru
SSFIVAE: Makoto JJBA: Jotaro "Yare Yare Daze..."
#24Artha_PennPosted 11/12/2012 2:50:55 PM
Artha_Penn posted...
To be honest, my favorite for campaign AND multiplayer is the Auto Turret. It is hand's down the most USEFUL of the Armor Abilities.

Not sure if trolling.

Anyway, I agree with most of the people here.
I've never once been killed by someone with a jetpack.
The fact that they can't dodge anything in mid-air makes it so much easier to beat them in let's say a DMR battle.

Not trolling at all. Any time in the campaign that I had a choice, I chose the Auto Turret over any other armor ability. You can set it up, then move away from it and flank the enemy while they're being fired upon. Helped me out in more situations in the campaign than any other could have. In multiplayer, I've tried a few armor abilities, but once I got the Auto Turret unlocked, I went straight for that, and believe me, settig it up in a doorway, or on a high spot and backing up if an enemy comes near, has helped me out a bunch.
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#253starborrisPosted 11/12/2012 3:04:08 PM
oh no! they can use an armor ability to avoid taking the stairs! oh the humanity! what were they thinking!? why 343?! why would you do this?! give people an ability to make themselves slow moving, easy targets, and most horrible of all! BREAK MAP FLOW!

i feel violated, i trusted them, and they did.....they did THIS!
#26duericPosted 11/12/2012 3:32:52 PM
I can't find any practical use for the Jet Pack in 4 outside of one shot clean ups.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#27shadeauxPosted 11/12/2012 3:52:04 PM
I love the jetpack... the mobility it provides is a massive advantage when used properly. Only morons use it to fly straight up and scope for kills.
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
#28duericPosted 11/12/2012 3:53:20 PM
shadeaux posted...
I love the jetpack... the mobility it provides is a massive advantage when used properly. Only morons use it to fly straight up and scope for kills.

What mobility? Sprint gives you better mobility.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29KwajdeltaPosted 11/12/2012 4:24:03 PM
Nothing is wrong with the jet pack. You are just jealous that when my people need me, I can go.
---
Distract and Destroy
GT: Gold Firebird
#30iRGushPosted 11/12/2012 4:25:14 PM
Jetpack is as broken as always
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush