Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

User Info: ketnerj

ketnerj
4 years ago#11
You're right, getting kills and avoiding deaths is completely pointless. We should all be thankful for the chance to stare at the response screen all game.
360 GT = Samuel Adams
Part of the #1 Legendary 4-player ODST FireFight squad (with Pope Rex, UEG Panik, and mastercmj)

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
4 years ago#12
Alternative_1 posted...
I have fun playing well.

This.
Now Leave!

User Info: _M1K3_

_M1K3_
4 years ago#13
To some people KDR > GPA

User Info: JStewVGM

JStewVGM
4 years ago#14
As an ex-pro player, I know K/D means very little towards figuring out how good someone is. One of the guys in my team steadily keeps a .5 k/d but that's because he loves playing objective games and is usually the one carrying the flag/ball/holding put-ups/ect.

K/D ratio might signify a good basis for how good you are A LITTLE.....but only after a couple thousand games.

User Info: Alternative_1

Alternative_1
4 years ago#15
JStewVGM posted...
As an ex-pro player, I know K/D means very little towards figuring out how good someone is. One of the guys in my team steadily keeps a .5 k/d but that's because he loves playing objective games and is usually the one carrying the flag/ball/holding put-ups/ect.

K/D ratio might signify a good basis for how good you are A LITTLE.....but only after a couple thousand games.

Ex-pro?

What tag?
tahts halo
dont worry

User Info: DarkBlademaster

DarkBlademaster
4 years ago#16
Alternative_1 posted...
I have fun playing well.
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112

User Info: Kamickas

Kamickas
4 years ago#17
It's something pretty to show off.

I would agree with it showing you're better at the game if it weren't so ridiculously easy to take a sniper with active camo and go ridiculously positive. I average 20+ kills with 0-4 deaths in matches like that. All that shows is that I know how to snipe.

User Info: VandorLee

VandorLee
4 years ago#18
Kills= How many points you earned for your team.
Deaths- How many points you gave to the other team.

I dont understand this argument....
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"

User Info: Killean_Nuggets

Killean_Nuggets
4 years ago#19
I couldn't care less about it as it next to meaningless. I am one of the better players here. Like I have said before the vast majority of the people that care about it are awful, including the ones who have a high K/D.

What a lot of you lesser players don't understand is that a lot of people are influenced in the way they play as a result of caring about their K/D. It promotes selfish play.
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp

User Info: Elprede007

Elprede007
4 years ago#20
But it does make you worse lolol, but really having a good kd reflects how good you are. But not always, I've seen 2.5s and still wrecked them after they go 2-30. Most are just very careful to preserve their kd.
Gamertag: AG Dominator DL
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived