Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

#51tranquilizerrrPosted 11/12/2012 9:47:28 AM
Here's the deal:

K/D ratio is definitely important in certain game modes, and is never a negative thing to have a good K/D ratio.

However, K/D ratio does definitely not define how good a player is. Sure, it's a good place to start to determine how good somebody is. When you're playing against the best players in the world it's hard to keep a good K/D ratio hence why it's not the best guide for skill.
---
Talk is cheap.
#52EcotronPosted 11/12/2012 10:07:18 AM
feels good to think that people may check your service record and awe in amazement. I would definitely have more fun though if it wasn't available to see publicly. It's hard to just ignore it and say F it because other people will still judge you. It's like say you dont care about how you dress, you still have to dress nicely for a job interview because they care.
#53OkayPlayer1Posted 11/12/2012 10:33:18 AM
In Slayer, where k/d is apparently the most important, would you rather have a teammate that goes 19-16 with 12 assists, or one that goes 5-1 with 1 assist? I'd rather have the first type any day of the week, and that's my only thought on k/d ratio, just enjoy the game
---
"Rap outsold crack, so rap or hip-hop culture...is the most powerful drug there is. It has changed corporate America..." - De La Soul
#54Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/12/2012 11:28:57 AM(edited)
If everyone on your team has a positive individual K/D, then you win. Simple as that.

Did I say that wasn't true? No. I said that individual K/D is a flawed way to determine how someone has played.

There is absolutely no way you can say that someone who is +10 had a bad game. Just the fact that he put you 100 points up on the enemy team is helpful enough without assists. And that you assume that a player cannot go +10 and still be a team player is asinine.

Yes you can, especially if they have not helped out their team in situations where they should have, which could of had an adverse effect on other players performance. I can see how a lesser player might not understand this, although I probably do judge myself against much higher standards than most.

I can't make heads or tails of this scenario you laid out, but it again sounds as if you're saying that having a good K/D spread automatically means that you simply lone wolf or kill steal. Which is a horrible assumption.

That is not what I said in the slightest.

I totally agree. But to say it's not important in team slayer is just entirely false

Team K/D is important in a slayer game, individual K/D is not as relevant though, especially as a gauge of performance.

Just as I feel your assumption that being a team player and having a good K/D spread are mutually exclusive is severely flawed.

I never said they were mutually exclusive. You can have both, although the vast majority of people don't. Again the conclusion you have come to is probably the result of not be that great at the game

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/bessy67/haloreach

This explains a lot. I honestly don't know why I try and explain things to people who are incapable of understanding. Oh well.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#55Cobra9860Posted 11/12/2012 11:43:08 AM(edited)
If you have a low kd you are definitely bad. But if you have a high kd that doesn't necessarily make you good.
---
wat
#56Alternative_1Posted 11/12/2012 11:54:36 AM
Cobra9860 posted...
If you have a low kd you are definitely bad. But if you have a high kd that doesn't necessarily make you good.

Correct!
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#57Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/12/2012 11:55:17 AM
When your K/D is great, it makes it more fun.
#58bessy67Posted 11/12/2012 12:20:34 PM(edited)
Killean_Nuggets posted...

This explains a lot. I honestly don't know why I try and explain things to people who are incapable of understanding. Oh well.

What do my stats have to do with anything? You know you're wrong, so you accuse me of being a bad player to feel better about yourself? Frankly, I don't see what's so bad about my stats anyways. In 33 completed team slayer matches I averaged 12.6 kills, 8.6 deaths, and 5.9 assists. Not stellar, but not bad.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#59Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/12/2012 12:37:00 PM
bessy67 posted...

What do my stats have to do with anything? You know you're wrong, so you accuse me of being a bad player to feel better about yourself? Frankly, I don't see what's so bad about my stats anyways. In 33 completed team slayer matches I averaged 12.6 kills, 8.6 deaths, and 5.9 assists. Not stellar, but not bad.

Believe what you want, lesser player.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#60bessy67Posted 11/12/2012 12:47:25 PM(edited)
bessy67 posted...

Believe what you want, lesser player.

Well, thank you for bestowing your wisdom upon me, oh great one! Your (supposedly) superior skills and your (most likely) hours and hours of extra playtime have obviously elevated you to a new plane of enlightenment. That you have forsaken having a life so that you could achieve greatness in a videogame is obviously worthy of praise, and I'm truly sorry for posting my completely valid point since it differed from your views. I guess with my paltry +4 K/D spread and 5.9 assists per game I will never be able to touch your vaunted greatness.

/sarcasm
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67