Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

#61Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/12/2012 12:58:23 PM
Inferior players get so upset when you state the fact they are in no way good. So cute.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#62lderivedxPosted 11/12/2012 12:58:37 PM
Blite is correct. K/D is a bad way of determining if someone is good.

If someone is good, they have a good KD.
If someone has a bad K/D, that someone is bad.

The converses are not true.
---
I bet you're one of those people who ruin my mainslaying by going -15 so stop saying that other people ruin gaming.-im r awful gt:i derive dx
#63pillerofautumnPosted 11/12/2012 1:42:42 PM
Inferior players get so upset when you state the fact they are in no way good. So cute.

More like inferior players making up excuses so they can feel better about themselves
#64GeminiX7Posted 11/12/2012 8:30:43 PM
Are you talking about Slayer or Objective based games?

If it's Slayer/Deathmatch games, its most certainly important, if not most important. More kills means more points for your team. Less deaths means less points for the enemy team and less baggage for your teammates to make up. If you have a high K/D, your team is going to win unlesssomeone is acting as dead weight and counterbalancing your score.

Objective based games, no, it's definitely not most important, but has importance, and can be useful if the player is working with the team(contrary to popular beliefs, the concepts are not mutually exclusive. If you can get alot of kills without dying, then you make a perfect defender(especially if you are good at getting multiple kills at the same time). Sure, it mght be nice to have a person more willing to take bullets for me when Im running the flag, but I'd much rather have someone who can get kills and prevent any enemy bullets in the first place :P

Anyway, this argument is largely meaningless as most people who care about K/D ratios focus on Deathmatch styled games rather than Objective games anyway.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#65Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/13/2012 2:38:58 AM
Are you talking about Slayer or Objective based games?

If it's Slayer/Deathmatch games, its most certainly important, if not most important. More kills means more points for your team. Less deaths means less points for the enemy team and less baggage for your teammates to make up. If you have a high K/D, your team is going to win unlesssomeone is acting as dead weight and counterbalancing your score.

Objective based games, no, it's definitely not most important, but has importance, and can be useful if the player is working with the team(contrary to popular beliefs, the concepts are not mutually exclusive. If you can get alot of kills without dying, then you make a perfect defender(especially if you are good at getting multiple kills at the same time). Sure, it mght be nice to have a person more willing to take bullets for me when Im running the flag, but I'd much rather have someone who can get kills and prevent any enemy bullets in the first place :P

Anyway, this argument is largely meaningless as most people who care about K/D ratios focus on Deathmatch styled games rather than Objective games anyway.

Hey baddie.
---
vBlite
#66SolidStryderPosted 11/13/2012 2:51:32 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
I have fun playing well.

You must not have a lot of fun in Halo. Sorry for your lost :(
#67Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 3:02:47 AM
SolidStryder posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
I have fun playing well.

You must not have a lot of fun in Halo. Sorry for your lost :(

*loss

Who are you?
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#68JupacuPosted 11/13/2012 4:53:04 AM
Killean post ur gt. I'm tired of u talking crap. Time to face up and lets see ur stats.
---
"Sometimes life feels just like rain; 'cause you never know when it's gonna fall down on you." TFK
Black FC: 3825 7855 2044
#69xninjagrrlPosted 11/13/2012 4:53:14 AM
Because the games themselves dont give us enough reason to care to play them, so they throw stuff like challenges and k/d at us to give us motivation to play semi boring games.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#70Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/13/2012 4:56:31 AM
Gt in sig
---
vBlite