Why do you care about K/D ratio it doesn't make you better

#71bessy67Posted 11/13/2012 6:18:43 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Inferior players get so upset when you state the fact they are in no way good. So cute.

I don't care if you call me bad. I don't have to be good at the game to know what I'm talking about. I'm absolutely terrible at basketball but I know more about it than most people, and since you can't seem to acknowledge that K/D is important in slayer then I apparently know more about Halo than you too.
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#72touyamizrahiPosted 11/13/2012 6:24:16 AM
K/D does NOT help in slayer if you're never helping your team mates when they get double/triple/quadruple teamed. I played with a guy, he had an awesome K/D ratio of like +24 at the end, but he had 1 assist. I went -10 but i had 16 assists. K/D is pointless if you're not a team player. To me, a team player is someone who contributes. I'm happy not having a lot of kills if my assists make up for it. So as long as my K+A > D, then i contributed. If you don't think like that for a team game, then you should probably stick to regicide and flood.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko XBL: AdamLelouche
#73chamber29Posted 11/13/2012 6:29:12 AM
bessy67 posted...
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Inferior players get so upset when you state the fact they are in no way good. So cute.

I don't care if you call me bad. I don't have to be good at the game to know what I'm talking about. I'm absolutely terrible at basketball but I know more about it than most people, and since you can't seem to acknowledge that K/D is important in slayer then I apparently know more about Halo than you too.

so I skipped to the last page of this topic after reading the first page. Definitely thought bessy67 was supporting K/D ratio being important...How is this topic still going on? If you die way more than you get kills, while playing any type of slayer, it is bad.

Also someone talked about a point to death ratio...Is there a stat kept on that somewhere that I am missing? also if anyone has a negative one (below 1.0) of those they are terrible, so what would a good one be? 30? (i.e. 300pts with 10 deaths)
#74chamber29Posted 11/13/2012 6:32:39 AM
touyamizrahi posted...
K/D does NOT help in slayer if you're never helping your team mates when they get double/triple/quadruple teamed. I played with a guy, he had an awesome K/D ratio of like +24 at the end, but he had 1 assist. I went -10 but i had 16 assists. K/D is pointless if you're not a team player. To me, a team player is someone who contributes. I'm happy not having a lot of kills if my assists make up for it. So as long as my K+A > D, then i contributed. If you don't think like that for a team game, then you should probably stick to regicide and flood.

If a dude on your team has a +24 K/D ratio, you should hope he stays in your party and just stick with him on the map. Probably learn some good tactics and help your team win by even more...Your points are valid though, when I am close to even in K/D but have a ton of assists, I feel like I helped the team win.
#75Allen_HoodPosted 11/13/2012 6:41:13 AM
K/D ratio does my matter in halo. The better games on war games are not even killing based games. Capture the flag, oddball, king of the Jill to make a few. You can be a great contributor in halo with a bad k/d just don't play slayer.. Lol

Add me mature good gamers need some legendary done !

D3ath proof dj
#76touyamizrahiPosted 11/13/2012 6:41:46 AM
chamber29 posted...
touyamizrahi posted...

If a dude on your team has a +24 K/D ratio, you should hope he stays in your party and just stick with him on the map. Probably learn some good tactics and help your team win by even more...Your points are valid though, when I am close to even in K/D but have a ton of assists, I feel like I helped the team win.

exactly. my deaths are higher than my kills. i'm at right now i think like 1150ish kills and like 1320ish deaths, but i have almost 800 assists. but i also take the hardlight shield and when we're about to have a big battle i'll be first one in to give my team the distraction and cover they need to kill (honestly, it's hard finding anyone willing to be a front line tank for even a few seconds). and having a second person close by with a regen field is also helpful when paired with said tank person. With no regen field i usually die, but i end up getting 3 assists to 1 death. That is helpful even if i technically have a -1 K/D from that fight.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko XBL: AdamLelouche
#77Killean_NuggetsPosted 11/13/2012 6:47:34 AM
All these bad players are unable to understand that individual K/D is not massively important as a way to judge performqnce in slayer. So cute.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#78JonnyBoyFFPosted 11/13/2012 7:01:00 AM
I have fun by aiming for a good K/D. I don't get pissed off and break things or yell at people when I do poorly, but I enjoy having a good K/D. When I play Slayer, I like to pretend that every life is my last life. It's more exciting to me that way.

I'm not amazing at the game, by any means. My Slayer K/D is 2.25 or so. It seems pretty good compared to my friends and most players that I see. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, and that's fun. I'm happy with that, and I'm going to try to get it even higher, but if it goes lower, then whatever.
---
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
#79chamber29Posted 11/13/2012 7:01:01 AM
touyamizrahi posted...

exactly. my deaths are higher than my kills. i'm at right now i think like 1150ish kills and like 1320ish deaths, but i have almost 800 assists. but i also take the hardlight shield and when we're about to have a big battle i'll be first one in to give my team the distraction and cover they need to kill (honestly, it's hard finding anyone willing to be a front line tank for even a few seconds). and having a second person close by with a regen field is also helpful when paired with said tank person. With no regen field i usually die, but i end up getting 3 assists to 1 death. That is helpful even if i technically have a -1 K/D from that fight.

Interesting strategy, haven't seen it used yet. You are depending on teammates quite a bit, so I hope you play with a party of friends...I normally play solo and just follow my teammates around as long as they stick near cover. If one or two of them runs out into the open and happens upon the entire enemy team...I'm sorry but can't help them

I don't know what my exact stats are, but I don't have a huge spread, would look them up if anyone knows the URL. BUngie used to keep all those
#80skullsukkerPosted 11/13/2012 7:07:36 AM
i guess no one realizes that there are people that have good kdr and arent playing just for gaining a higher kdr. they just kill more than they die.