k/d doesn't prove you're a good player.

#21DeyoxyPosted 11/12/2012 7:05:11 AM
Alright, I just wont pick up that multi-kill while you run the flag.

Less points for you.
#22lnknprk_45Posted 11/12/2012 7:07:28 AM
A good overall K/D just means you are a consistently good player. I've seen people with negative that all of a sudden decided to go beast mode in a match.
#23ketnerjPosted 11/12/2012 7:07:58 AM
kollie89 posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
In Slayer maybe. K/D doesn't count for crap in CTF/KotH/Dominion.

How exactly does it not count? It's not as important, but if you're dying instead of defending your base or flag or getting points in the hill, how do you expect to win?

k/d is important in every gametype. If you're dying too much, you're not helping your team do anything, including objectives.

Not true at all, self sacrificing yourself to make sure your plasmas take out 2+ guys at a time helps defend and capture objectives

That's two kills for your one death. 2.0 kd. Not too bad. If you could do that on a constant basis, against good players, that's pretty damn decent...
---
360 GT = Samuel Adams
Part of the #1 Legendary 4-player ODST FireFight squad (with Pope Rex, UEG Panik, and mastercmj)
#24SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/12/2012 7:15:26 AM
kollie89 posted...
pillerofautumn posted...
In Slayer maybe. K/D doesn't count for crap in CTF/KotH/Dominion.

How exactly does it not count? It's not as important, but if you're dying instead of defending your base or flag or getting points in the hill, how do you expect to win?

k/d is important in every gametype. If you're dying too much, you're not helping your team do anything, including objectives.

Not true at all, self sacrificing yourself to make sure your plasmas take out 2+ guys at a time helps defend and capture objectives

Taking out 2+ guys while you die once maintains a 2 . Kdr not really a good example. Unless you do it once and team scores the winning point and you go negative the rest of the match.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout : NV
#25therickmu25Posted 11/12/2012 7:17:53 AM
If you use unskilled tactics to pad your K/D and then try to argue that K/D is the 'true measure of skill', you are wrong.

There's a differnce between playing legit and having a high K/D and roadkilling people / sitting in a tank in BTB and having a high k/d.
---
http://i.imgur.com/34Fj8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZGQLw.jpg
#26The BeansterPosted 11/12/2012 7:18:38 AM
Nope. K/D proves nothing and never has in a Halo game, because it can't account for the skill of your opposition or what playlists you were playing.

Only bad kids looking to waggle their e-peen around at other 14 year olds care about cumulative K/D.
---
i7-2600k @ 4.8 Ghz | 2x MSI 7970 Lightning @ 1200/1800 | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs || GT: The Ownage