For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?
3 years ago#1
I'm in a serious relationship and I love my girlfriend very much. We live together and she has no problem with me playing video games when she's home. She's a great girl and even makes fun of me when I die and/or asks questions about the game. Admittedly, I do feel a little guilty sometimes that I am neglecting her. I try to keep the Halo time to weekend mornings and before she gets home from work. Whenever I have some downtime to myself, I try to play. Gotta keep up with DAT RANK ya know?

When do you guys find time for Halo? Does your significant other get pissed at you for playing?
---
But I don't wanna be a pirate!
3 years ago#2
My girlfriend dragged me to the midnight launch and is already a SR34 while playing between a full time job and a trip to the cottage this weekend. My issue isn't finding time to play halo, it's finding time to do anything else.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
3 years ago#3
I play whenever I get the chance, really. Not saying that in a negative fashion in which she leaves me no breathing room, I just mean it in the sense that I f***ing love the game and I wanna play it as much as possible. She doesn't have a problem with it. She knew I was a game freak when we first started hanging out, so if she just now started b****ing we'd have a problem. >_>
---
Ab-so-lutely.
3 years ago#4
Benadryl!
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!
Halo 4 - less than one week =O (nvm, got it >_> )
3 years ago#5
When they sleep and/or when they're doing a hobby they like (i.e. watching a TV series they enjoy)
---
i7 930 | MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 8 64bit | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | AW2310 | Antec 1200
3 years ago#6
I usually play at night after wife and kid are asleep.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
3 years ago#7
I just got divorced, so i have all the time in the world! hoorah!
3 years ago#8
The girl I'm "seeing" plays with me. Or sometimes just sits on the couch bored. whatever
(edited by Urdnot_Runt)
3 years ago#9
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Benadryl!

You. I like you.
---
GT:BackroomToaster
Pawn:Alicia
3 years ago#10
My girlfriend accepts that I play video games. I was surprised when I found out she does too. She likes games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I know I played Halo a lot in the first 3 days. We only have one tv so I was hogging it. The fourth night after we got home from work she turned on Netflix and I just didnt play that night. She doesnt mind watching me, hell she played 6 games with me last night.. but if she wants to do something else, she lets me know, and that works pretty well :)
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived