For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?

#11olmansilverpantPosted 11/12/2012 9:51:41 AM
Its all about give and take dude. If she gives you time to play Halo then you need to take it on the chin and watch Real Houswives of insert city(just an example) with her. I try to divide it somewhere along the lines of 70%-30%. If she gives me a hour to play Halo i give her an hour and a half to do what she wants.

Important lesson though- get a man cave, it saves my relationship some days
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#12EvalAngell(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:53:40 AM
Haha good points. Yeah I play occasionally when she's watching her shows. Like last night I didn't care about the Sunday night Football game so while she watched Revenge & 666 Park Ave (whatever it's called) I got in 2 hours of Halo.
---
But I don't wanna be a pirate!
#13SPARTAN_D7Posted 11/12/2012 9:54:39 AM
When they sleep or watch TLC i play Halo. :)
---
It's okay if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.
#14AWarAmp84Posted 11/12/2012 9:54:47 AM
My fiancÚ usually doesn't mind if I play a couple hours after dinner each night during the week. I usually cook dinner and am pretty good at keeping our place clean so she really can't complain. What pisses her off is when I play all Friday night or Saturday night. Sunday afternoon is also a good time to get a couple hours in.

The bottom line is if the chores are done and everything is neat and tidy, all is good. As the saying goes, a happy wife is a happy life. I laugh at the guys who say you need to put your women in her place and do what you want because their women are probably miserable and don't respect them too much.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4 and L4D 2.
#15KID VIDPosted 11/12/2012 9:59:21 AM
Slinky826 posted...
I usually play at night after wife and kid are asleep.

^Same for me.

Mrwheeler89 posted...
I just got divorced, so i have all the time in the world! hoorah!

Congratulations on your divorce. I'm sure it was well worth it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#16Mc1ovnPosted 11/12/2012 10:03:24 AM
The wife's not into games much. Sometimes I can get her to play, but she usually just watches me. Gets bored quick, plus we have a 2.5 year old. I always play MP when her and the kid are sleeping.

Trying to play through campaign right now with a friend in another state, who goes to bed around 9pm. So finding the time during the day, after we are both home from work/school is very difficult. We have made it through 4 missions on legendary thus far, so I would call it a success!
---
GT-Mc1ovn
#17smashbros123Posted 11/12/2012 10:04:43 AM
Since my girlfriend lives 45 minutes away, pretty often. Then again, I'm usually driving up to visit her during the week. To my surprise she doesn't mind me playing and will sometime play with me. She's pretty awful at it but its all good.
---
GT: Symbiote 727
Tom Brady is Eli Manning's b*tch. Giants baby!
#18acangialPosted 11/12/2012 10:05:16 AM
My son and I play together and we are serious. We have two rigs and two screens. He is only 10, but I have yet to see anyone better than him in Halo 4 or COD games. He is just amazingly good and could be a pro one day should he hopefully not choose that route as a career. My wife and I both allow for this because he is also a straight A student and good athlete. We are very lucky.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#19NumbnutsPosted 11/12/2012 10:05:36 AM
I never play while they are home and awake. I play late after everyone has gone to sleep. I'm a police officer working night shift though, so I play while the wife is at work and kids are in school. I don't neglect to family.
---
XBox LIVE and PSN Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3ds Friend Code 3566-2919-9748 ADD ME!
#20Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 11/12/2012 10:07:30 AM(edited)
I'm married with a 10 month old. I just play when the baby goes to sleep anywhere between 7:30 and 9 until about 11:30 or 12 when I'm ready to go to sleep. On the weekends I usually play quite a bit later. I don't really have to worry about my wife during that time either because she's either reading or already in bed as well. She understands that I work all day and help out around the house when I get home, so the only time I really have to myself is when the baby is asleep.
---
I have to return some videotapes.