For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?

#21xiTz_RyaNxPosted 11/12/2012 10:07:41 AM
KID VID posted...
Slinky826 posted...
I usually play at night after wife and kid are asleep.

^Same for me.

Mrwheeler89 posted...
I just got divorced, so i have all the time in the world! hoorah!

Congratulations on your divorce. I'm sure it was well worth it.

My wife really doesn't mind when I play as long as the living room isn't getting trashed with Mountain Dew cans and Doritos, it's my girlfriend that really pisses her off.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#22olmansilverpantPosted 11/12/2012 10:09:16 AM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
KID VID posted...
Slinky826 posted...

^Same for me.

Mrwheeler89 posted...

My wife really doesn't mind when I play as long as the living room isn't getting trashed with Mountain Dew cans and Doritos, it's my girlfriend that really pisses her off.

HA! thanks for the laugh
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#23windsorlad111Posted 11/12/2012 10:10:13 AM
When my wife and I first lived together we had a small apartment and only one TV. Halo 2 came out and I had to be careflu about higging the TV and playing all the time.

Fast forward 8 years and we now have 2 kids, both of us have our own businesses. There is a PS3 in the bedroom, a gaming PC in the living room, and a 360 in the basement. No problems playing something whenever I want, as long as I pull my weight when I need to... and when you have two kids, you better be pulling your weight or else you'll soon see divorce papers.

Life is good when you are an older gamer with money and a cool family. My son loves video games too. Awesome.
#24acangialPosted 11/12/2012 10:14:35 AM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
KID VID posted...
Slinky826 posted...

^Same for me.

Mrwheeler89 posted...

Best reply of the month. Thanks for laugh!
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#25patkelly929Posted 11/12/2012 10:14:57 AM
I too live with my girlfriend, and I have found the time.

She has to leave for work an hour before I do. I wake up when she does.
When she is sitting on her computer with her headphones in watching Youtube videos, it's game time.
I play for about 2 hours when I get home from work, and then we hang out, watch TV, eat dinner, whatever together for the rest of the night.

The only ranks I care about mine being relative to are my brother and my friend who plays Halo with my brother and I.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#26MelRocco10Posted 11/12/2012 10:15:35 AM
Great stories everyone.
All I have to say is Thank God! for Farmville. My wife (who's pregnant with twins - we're due in early January) is more than happy to let me play Halo because that means she can sit on the couch with the laptop and take care of her Farm. A match made in heaven!
When the twins get here, not so sure how that's gonna work. Trying to get as much Halo time in as I can now because I have a feeling I'm going to end up with two boys on separate sleeping schedules.
Or they'll grow up with the phrase "Double Kill!" stuck in their heads.
---
Gamertag: MelRocco
#27skullsukkerPosted 11/12/2012 10:17:25 AM
i play when they are asleep.
#28HaloDad020508Posted 11/12/2012 10:22:02 AM
I usually play when my kids are asleep during their nap time and at night when they are in bed. I have a awesome wife and she understands gaming is my passion and hopefully your girl will too. But you have to have a healthy balance between the two it is possible.
---
Never pick a fight with a ugly person, after all they have nothing to lose!
#29ArsicPosted 11/12/2012 10:25:19 AM
By the time your kids are asleep, aren't you tired too?
---
Intel i7 2600K -- Asus P8Z68-V Pro -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- SLI [EVGA GTX 580 + Zotac GTX 580] -- Corsair Hydro Series H100 -- Corsair Obsidian 650D
#30AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 11/12/2012 10:26:25 AM
Arsic posted...
By the time your kids are asleep, aren't you tired too?

yeah? so?
that's what separates true gamers from the rest of humanity =D
---
Nov 6 - the Reclamation Begins!
Halo 4 - less than one week =O (nvm, got it >_> )