For those with girlfriends/wives/kids: how do you find time for Halo?

#81NailbombPosted 11/12/2012 3:04:15 PM
My daughter is just under two years old, so I hand her a controller with dead batteries and let her pretend she's playing. She's destined to become my favorite teammate though. Girl grabbed my controller when I was taking a drink and got her first kill in Bad Company 2 at four months old.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#82Denial048Posted 11/12/2012 3:07:28 PM
I got my wife into Halo, so when I play, she plays too, and doesn't get shi**y with me.

Now, single-player RPG's or Action Adventure games are a whole new story....
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/Denial048.htm
Arrogance ~ The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
#83Maebara22Posted 11/12/2012 3:09:45 PM
My wife will only watch games with interesting stories so she ignores most shooters. Luckily my wife's a teacher and has tons of lesson plans and work to grade when she gets home so I get to play while she does that! It's like 2-3 hours a day gauranteed I got the TV!
---
PSN-- Beanero22
#84chrissc34Posted 11/12/2012 3:10:40 PM
Nailbomb posted...
My daughter is just under two years old, so I hand her a controller with dead batteries and let her pretend she's playing. She's destined to become my favorite teammate though. Girl grabbed my controller when I was taking a drink and got her first kill in Bad Company 2 at four months old.

Awesome!
#85huerito323Posted 11/12/2012 3:11:50 PM
Slinky826 posted...
I usually play at night after wife and kid are asleep.

This.
The only bad thing is not being able to talk to my friends in the party because I wake them up and my gf gets mad at me =[
#86DolemiteXPPosted 11/12/2012 3:12:15 PM
Wife and kid here. I work overnights so when I get home in the morning they are both leaving out to work/school so I usually play an hour or 2 then before catching a nap. On my days off I'll usually just stay up and play at night when they're sleep.
---
Really don't want Obama for 4 more years but I refuse to vote for someone named after a type of glove....
#87Orange_ApplePosted 11/12/2012 3:13:06 PM
If my significant other got pissed at me for playing video games I would likely dump her. It has been a hobby of mine since I was a child.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#88VioletMassacrePosted 11/12/2012 3:26:02 PM
What makes Halo different than any other game?
#89MyBRbackfiredPosted 11/12/2012 3:38:25 PM
I've got a wife and 4 kids. 9, 6, and twins a year and a half.

My wife goes to school for RN and works full time. She's like never home.

My 9 year old son loves playing. Although we haven't played 4 together yet, we've spent a lot of time split screening 3, ODST and reach. We play a ton of games together. Sometimes I need to put my foot down and say no, because he gets too "addicted" to games and its all he talks about and thinks about. I'd rather him play only a couple hours over the weekend so he doesn't get distracted from his school work.

My 6 year old daughter always wants to play but has no idea how to do anything. The wii is the only system she understands how to play. She likes watching games though.

My 17 month old twin girls entertain me more than video games do. They are so curious about everything, it's so fun getting into "trouble" with them. Babies are amazing.

But, when it comes down to "daddy time", I play whenever I can. My games usually idle most of the day. And I jump in and play a match or 2 here and there. Most of my gameplay is when it's bedtime for all my chillens. That's what I call them.
---
GT- IfIWinUGetRecon or My BR backfired
#90Krzd3vilPosted 11/12/2012 3:40:28 PM
She doesn't care because she's cool as hell.
---
my reaction when i see a brony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5phzWW2Bmw&feature=player_detailpage#t=59s