If you use automatic weapons, you're terrible.

#31BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/12/2012 5:25:50 PM
I'm a current DMR user who has mostly used automatic weapons since launch, and I find using the Storm Rifle and Surpressor far harder than other weapons due to having to lead your shots and close with the enemy.
Even though I have far more practice with them compared to the DMR.

Also; I used the Surpressor on Ragnarok CTF today.
Enemies had to go through me at close range in order to get to the flag. Long story short, they had long range guns, so they repeatedly died in the attempt.

I don't believe your assertions of terribleness or "gimping".
#32SterlingFoxPosted 11/12/2012 5:25:57 PM
For ****s sake, guys. He's not saying that you're terrible if you use automatic weapons.

Would you read what he actually said? Just... good lord. This is pathetic.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#33duericPosted 11/12/2012 5:28:40 PM
yomamma297 posted...
You can always guarantee that the terrible players will defend their precious spray and pray weapons.

If you find yourself out of ammo and pick up an AR, then fine, but if you don't replace it with with a precision weapon as soon as possible you're just hurting yourself. There is literally no reason to ever spawn with one of those weapons.

Don't sweat it, dude. I get owned by AR users in CQC too.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#34BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/12/2012 5:29:04 PM
SterlingFox posted...
For ****s sake, guys. He's not saying that you're terrible if you use automatic weapons.

That is exactly what he said in the topic line.
#35Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/12/2012 5:29:21 PM
Wow, TC is a moron who doesn't understand different uses for different weapons.

I'll continue to spawn with both a BR and AR, thank you, and rip apart people at any range.
#36yomamma297(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:29:40 PM
BurnsDepartment posted...
I'm a current DMR user who has mostly used automatic weapons since launch, and I find using the Storm Rifle and Surpressor far harder than other weapons due to having to lead your shots and close with the enemy.
Even though I have far more practice with them compared to the DMR.

Also; I used the Surpressor on Ragnarok CTF today.
Enemies had to go through me at close range in order to get to the flag. Long story short, they had long range guns, so they repeatedly died in the attempt.

I don't believe your assertions of terribleness or "gimping".

Those players weren't very good then. Unless you happen to ambush a player, or they are just idiots and repeatedly run toward you, you are going to lose 1v1 against a precision weapon every single time.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#37SterlingFoxPosted 11/12/2012 5:32:08 PM
BurnsDepartment posted...
SterlingFox posted...

That is exactly what he said in the topic line.

So you came into the topic and posted without reading the first post? Are you going to tell me that's intelligent and wise?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#38yomamma297(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:32:23 PM
I don't really know why anybody is debating this. Go back to any of the other Halo games, precision weapons have always been the superior choice. In Halo's 2 and 3 when playing higher ranked games, literally no players used automatic weapons. If not denying that you can get some kills with them, but the best players all use precision weapons. The top player in each game you play will almost always have used a precision weapon.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#39duericPosted 11/12/2012 5:33:22 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
Wow, TC is a moron who doesn't understand different uses for different weapons.

I'll continue to spawn with both a BR and AR, thank you, and rip apart people at any range.

Nah. He just keeps getting smoked by AR users because of the buff for Halo 4.

In the old games, the AR was fairly useless. So people are still in that mindset and feel if they get beat by an AR it's because the person sucks and is just getting lucky.

They refuse to accept reality and can't get passed the arbitrary limits they placed on themselves in previous titles.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#40ZeroSHEARERPosted 11/12/2012 5:34:48 PM
Hey TC are you trying to say this in a kind of way to help people out in the long run or is it a hate for being killed by AR users? I always spawn with an AR because I have always used it as my primary means of killing people due to the fact I'm THAT guy that want the crazy explosions and bullets flying through the air kind of fights (could be because back in Halo 2/3 I was relatively new on the FPS scene. But I feel I try and try with te AR in this one, get annoyed and pull out a DMR and think why don't I always use this. Then the cycle repeats (it's my stubborn ways I think of wanting the AR to work like it always has) I would switch the sprint perk for 2 primary's but as I say I always run to the action so I'm not sure. Thoughts?
---
You don't have enough hate............and you know something, you never will.