If you use automatic weapons, you're terrible.

#51travnuttsPosted 11/12/2012 5:45:25 PM
What if you use firepower and use both

............oh my god, what a thought!!!!
#52BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/12/2012 5:45:26 PM
yomamma297 posted...
BurnsDepartment posted...
I'm a current DMR user who has mostly used automatic weapons since launch, and I find using the Storm Rifle and Surpressor far harder than other weapons due to having to lead your shots and close with the enemy.
Even though I have far more practice with them compared to the DMR.

Also; I used the Surpressor on Ragnarok CTF today.
Enemies had to go through me at close range in order to get to the flag. Long story short, they had long range guns, so they repeatedly died in the attempt.

I don't believe your assertions of terribleness or "gimping".

Those players weren't very good then. Unless you happen to ambush a player, or they are just idiots and repeatedly run toward you, you are going to lose 1v1 against a precision weapon every single time.

That's the point, though.
They had to engage me at close quarters because of the position I was in, and they could not simply avoid me because I was by the flag. I don't deny that CQB weapons are severely underpowered and require a buff, but they are not useless in every single situation.
#53CharityDiaryPosted 11/12/2012 5:46:04 PM
yomamma297 posted...
CharityDiary posted...
If you post topics like this, you're in the elitist 15-year-old category that the game obviously caters to, and fail to realize that while the game does cater to elitist BR users, the Assault Rifle does actually have a niche, and if used correctly, can destroy BR and DMR users.

Also, you are why this game's community sucks.

My account is nearly 10 years old, do you really think I made this when I was 5? Please be more creative when trying to insult people in the future.

Yeah. Your mommy probably made it for you.

=)
#54yomamma297(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:46:46 PM
yomamma297 posted...
I'm a current DMR user who has mostly used automatic weapons since launch, and I find using the Storm Rifle and Surpressor far harder than other weapons due to having to lead your shots and close with the enemy.
Even though I have far more practice with them compared to the DMR.

Also; I used the Surpressor on Ragnarok CTF today.
Enemies had to go through me at close range in order to get to the flag. Long story short, they had long range guns, so they repeatedly died in the attempt.

I don't believe your assertions of terribleness or "gimping".

Those players weren't very good then. Unless you happen to ambush a player, or they are just idiots and repeatedly run toward you, you are going to lose 1v1 against a precision weapon every single time.

That's the point, though.
They had to engage me at close quarters because of the position I was in, and they could not simply avoid me because I was by the flag. I don't deny that CQB weapons are severely underpowered and require a buff, but they are not useless in every single situation.

If they had half a brain, they would have used grenades to flush you out and/or teamshot you. Sounds like you were playing against a bunch of idiots honestly.
---
Go Dolphins, Heat and Marlins!
GT: shock297
#55ZephyrSSXPosted 11/12/2012 5:53:19 PM
yomamma297 posted...
ocelot51 posted...
You know when the DMR is NOT a good weapon? When you turn a corner and within two meters of you is a guy with the AR.

Right, so you should use a weapon with terrible range just in case some idiot player decides to turn a corner without checking it? Sorry, I'm not going to use a terrible weapon just so I can get one or two lucky kills.

The AR owns all starters in room distance. It's a great defensive weapon. Stop being mad because you believe some guy with an AR spanked you with "luck". Take it in the butt like a champ and move on.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
#56DoctorWhiskeyPosted 11/12/2012 5:54:05 PM
Darksta posted...
I use an Automatic warthog.
#57Governator00Posted 11/12/2012 5:56:40 PM
(Occasionally uses automatic weapons)

(This makes TC mad)

(Lol)
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#58CharityDiaryPosted 11/12/2012 5:57:05 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
yomamma297 posted...
ocelot51 posted...
You know when the DMR is NOT a good weapon? When you turn a corner and within two meters of you is a guy with the AR.

Right, so you should use a weapon with terrible range just in case some idiot player decides to turn a corner without checking it? Sorry, I'm not going to use a terrible weapon just so I can get one or two lucky kills.

The AR owns all starters in room distance. It's a great defensive weapon. Stop being mad because you believe some guy with an AR spanked you with "luck". Take it in the butt like a champ and move on.

Yep. I've beaten DMR players across the entire map of Adrift by quickly fanning the trigger with the AR. It works wonderfully as a mid-ranged weapon as well.
#593starborrisPosted 11/12/2012 5:59:00 PM
yomamma297 posted...
ocelot51 posted...

close range it is flat out superior to any of the precision weapons, it's use is extremely limited, but in situations where you can use it, it shines.

is it smarter to use a precision weapon so you can always fight somebody no matter the range? yeah. you will still loose in CQC to an AR tho.
#60Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/12/2012 6:00:30 PM
Ahahahaha.

On close quarters maps such as Adrift and Haven, the AR is godly <3
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.