(Halo 4 related) HAPPY CALL OF DUTY DAY!!

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 11/13/2012 12:32:28 AM
Has anyone else been really looking forward to today because of CoD's launch... Because all of the eejits will migrate south for the winter??

I recall playing a TON of Halo 2 online and the smack talk from 9-year olds being remarkably high due to lack of competition on the system. With COD as an alternative on 360, I genuinely felt Halo 3 online was a more mature (social) experience. Now, with Halo 4 I've noticed a LOT of screeching children; last night alone I heard a very young individual say "Alien guns are stupid", and "why can't you click onto them with your gun?" (I'm assuming auto-lock iron sights).

Basically, I hope today heralds a filtration of those players out, because Halo's more varied, more sustained "cerebral battles" (shield ripping, vehicles, assassination, three gun races, melee and grenade game etc) warrants a more tactical, cooperative mindset than a standard run-lock-three round burst-kill shooter.

Halo is never going to be UBER LEET SKILLZ NEEDAD, but I just feel this way!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2Terzian313Posted 11/13/2012 12:36:17 AM
coming from an old veteran, sorry but halo multi will always be UBER LEET SHOOT I KEEL U DED or watever you said last. Its shallow, but its halo, its fun, and its not CoD.
---
GT: Crimson 1ce
#3javobiPosted 11/13/2012 12:37:02 AM
I couldn't agree more with you. I hope that by the end of the week, most of these kids will be flushed out, so that I can play with real more mature competition
---
Rivve: The Khajiit can be ridden in various positions, whichever is the most comfortable for you!
#4DougEInstructorPosted 11/13/2012 12:50:20 AM
The Search and Destroy playlist in COD is a lot more tactical than anything in Halo.
#5SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:12:29 AM
I would say Search and Destroy has the PACING of a twitch shooter, but none of the skill though. Even my non-gaming sister (who only plays peggle or Zuma on her husband's box) was jokingly given a pad when they played COD MW2, and she wad middle in her team ranking after an initial control description.

I think it's because initial response to a non gamer when an opponent appears is "tense up"- ie, clench both triggers- in COD that's ironsight lock on, and fire = kill made. In halo that same action results in wild fire and grenade lobbing.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#6Orange_ApplePosted 11/13/2012 5:29:10 AM
javobi posted...
I couldn't agree more with you. I hope that by the end of the week, most of these kids will be flushed out, so that I can play with real more mature competition

I'll never understand why people think this whenever a COD game comes out.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#7Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/13/2012 5:33:43 AM
DougEInstructor posted...
The Search and Destroy playlist in COD is a lot more tactical than anything in Halo.

LOL.

Unless you are in a party objective matches area almost always played like a variation of TDM/DM. Also S&D is really just TDM with one life to live when for the most part you can win easily by just killing the other team.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#8SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 11/13/2012 5:45:38 AM
Yeah I hope BLOPS2 taking all the riff raff away, ill probably pick it up in a few years when it's cheap to do the campaign, I liked the first ones story, but man is that MP horrible.
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#9A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 11/13/2012 5:50:36 AM
Iron sights have only ever snapped to a target in COD campaign. I find it a bit juvenile to hate on a game that you don't understand the basics of. I like COD, but it's played itself out. The series has been getting worse and worse since COD4, and I'm not planning on getting BLOPS, but still thinking COD is just about squeezing both triggers at the same time?

Also, search is a camp fest, Capture the flag requires the most tactics and teamwork in COD IMO.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them