Explain the Spartans to me please.

#11PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/13/2012 12:52:26 AM
are all the spartans (aside from chief) in halo 4 IVs?
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#12JummedPosted 11/13/2012 12:56:37 AM
cyborg9 posted...
3starborris posted...
2>4>3>1

that is the order that the spartan programs rank in strength, and overall effectiveness.

no.. 2>3>4>1

No... 2>3>1>4.

Johnson was a beast, even without armor making Spartan 1s better than 4s.
---
Because black people didn't exist during the cold war obviously. - JDM_Jev
#13EmperorLinkXPosted 11/13/2012 1:02:40 AM
SPARTAN-Is were regular soldiers given slight biological enhancements to make them superior to other soldiers (srgt Johnson). their children(SPARTAN I.Is) inherited some of the enhancements.

SPARTAN-IIs were taken as children due to their genetic and physcological markers. they were given decades of training, intense biological enhancements, and the powerful MJOLNIR armor. making them strong enough to flip tanks, faster enough to outrun some vehicles, and quick and agile enough to react to almost anything.

SPARTAN-IIIs were children orphaned by the war and trained by a SPARTAN-II. they were given only a handful of years of training before being augmented and given their weaker, but stealthier, SPI armor. they were deployed en masse on suicide missions. the first 2 groups were lost with nearly total casualities on a single highly succesful mission each. the 3rd and final group never got to go on a mission before falling in combat on Onyx.

SPARTAN-IVs were soldiers and given augmentations similiar to the SPARTAN-IIs using SPARTAN-III augmentation procedures. they are given the generation 2 MJOLNIR armor.
---
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!
#14Bojangthe4thPosted 11/13/2012 1:14:59 AM
SPARTAN Is don't exist, they're called the ORION project and they're more or less just humans at the peak of human ability thanks to science, Sparda style
-Johnson

SPARTAN IIs are the most monstrous badasses you can make with our 23 chromosomes then given brainwashing and tank armor
-John 117

SPARTAN IIIs are IIs without the bells and whistles and mass produced
-Noble 1

SPRATAN IVs are a volunteer based service where people with military experience and recomendation can put on expensive armor and be spec ops.
-You, in Spartan Ops
---
PSN: Wyrm--
XBL: Ryujin23
#15TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/13/2012 1:20:55 AM
where does the average Elite fall on that spectrum? in terms of canon/Heroic as the intended difficulty? I would say they are roughly equivalent to shielded Spartan IIIs.
#16o5pr3yPosted 11/13/2012 1:22:09 AM
Jummed posted...
cyborg9 posted...
3starborris posted...
2>4>3>1

that is the order that the spartan programs rank in strength, and overall effectiveness.

no.. 2>3>4>1

No... 2>3>1>4.

Johnson was a beast, even without armor making Spartan 1s better than 4s.

Wow you guys must've failed grade school. The numerical order is 1,2,3, then 4.
---
GT: Ninja Gunpants
#17MoFo117Posted 11/13/2012 1:26:00 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
where does the average Elite fall on that spectrum? in terms of canon/Heroic as the intended difficulty? I would say they are roughly equivalent to shielded Spartan IIIs.

the lowest ranking elite would probably be matched with ODSTs, the very best with Spartan IIs
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MoFo117
GT: OCT0CAT
#18Bojangthe4thPosted 11/13/2012 1:29:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Bojangthe4thPosted 11/13/2012 1:33:48 AM
MoFo117 posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...

the lowest ranking elite would probably be matched with ODSTs, the very best with Spartan IIs

Did not read this properly the first time. I need to sleep. Either way, this comparison is a hard one really. Especially since both featured SPARTAN IIs (6 and Chief) have the ultra rare "Hyper Lethal" rating. I would personally just put them all in SPARTAN IV territory given how Noble team was mostly 3s and kicked major Elite butt.
---
PSN: Wyrm--
XBL: Ryujin23
#20jemoore9Posted 11/13/2012 1:38:04 AM
So wait, can 4's be mass produced then?

I mean, when you think about it, there are over 1 millions 4's.

What I mean by that is there are more than 1 million players, therefore, 1 millions 4's.

Which isn't canon but eh.
---
More Than Loyal something Of Crabdom.
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php Check it out anytime.