Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#121Maxx_the_SlashPosted 11/13/2012 11:35:58 AM
I'm not exactly sure how strong Spartan II's, III's and IV's are compared to each other, but all Spartan II's are equally strong. III's are all equally strong and IV's, I'm not sure. I don't know what type of augmentation process they went through (I have yet to buy the Forerunner trilogy books, so I don't know much about them yet other than what's on the Halo wikis).

Nope, as stated earlier, the Chief is just the luckiest, and it shows in the fact that he's one of 6-8 Spartan II's lucky enough to still be alive despite all the Covenant, Flood and Forerunner crap that was thrown at him.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#122cougarman21Posted 11/13/2012 11:38:03 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
I'm not exactly sure how strong Spartan II's, III's and IV's are compared to each other, but all Spartan II's are equally strong. III's are all equally strong and IV's, I'm not sure. I don't know what type of augmentation process they went through (I have yet to buy the Forerunner trilogy books, so I don't know much about them yet other than what's on the Halo wikis).

Nope, as stated earlier, the Chief is just the luckiest, and it shows in the fact that he's one of 6-8 Spartan II's lucky enough to still be alive despite all the Covenant, Flood and Forerunner crap that was thrown at him.

Fahjad <3
---
XBL: Juice el Savior
Currently Playing: CS:GO, FO:NV, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and The Walking Dead
#123Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/13/2012 11:42:15 AM
It's who Chief is at his very core that makes him the best Spartan.
#124VandorLeePosted 11/13/2012 11:43:50 AM
First luck is essentially chance, and their saying hes lucky meaning that enough chance circumstances have happened in his favor.

Seeing as this is not real life, and everything is scripted and written in this story there's NO chance involved.

So all the fights, and bad circumstances John's been through all have pre-determined endings where hes victorious. No chance involved.

The writers, instead of giving a detailed background at why John's so amazingly good, like saying hes the best of the best out of all the spartans, they went with hes lucky. And we all know theres nothing chance about his circumstances because they're predetermined and scripted so.

....You know what? Never mind.....
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#125OmisanAndrewPosted 11/13/2012 11:44:30 AM
I agree and understand what TC is saying. Master chief is the best because he has the hero quality and never ever gives up.

in sports we say you make your own luck by working hard. Luck has a factor in sports that is undeniable, but if you have given up and arent trying to win no amount of luck will help you.

SO master chief does get lucky often but that has alot to do with making "epic" moments for the game. Disregarding that, Master chief never gives up allowing him the opportunity to seize every chance that appears before him.

Being Lucky is one thing, but putting yourself in the best position for chance to aid you is another.

He may be Lucky but he is able to take advantage of his luck for tangible personality qualities and skill
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#126GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:32:42 PM
OmisanAndrew posted...
I agree and understand what TC is saying. Master chief is the best because he has the hero quality and never ever gives up.

in sports we say you make your own luck by working hard. Luck has a factor in sports that is undeniable, but if you have given up and arent trying to win no amount of luck will help you.

SO master chief does get lucky often but that has alot to do with making "epic" moments for the game. Disregarding that, Master chief never gives up allowing him the opportunity to seize every chance that appears before him.

Being Lucky is one thing, but putting yourself in the best position for chance to aid you is another.

He may be Lucky but he is able to take advantage of his luck for tangible personality qualities and skill

This. You make yourself "lucky" , And I'm surprised my topic STILL got derailed by this luck thing. *sigh*
I'll break it down even further for you broskis.

Let's say all of the Spartans were in OUR WORLD and not fantasy world. Who would win? And Do not say John is lucky so he will win. This is on our world now, not the fantasy halo universe. If you want you can change his luck to mean something else. Man you guys sure messed up this topic :(
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#127OmisanAndrewPosted 11/13/2012 3:47:35 PM
My opinion would be that if some other spartan was gonna kill John, right after they laid him to rest they would look down and find a grenade exploding under their feet.
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#128DISTURBED157Posted 11/13/2012 3:49:48 PM
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

someone dropped their money and no one else picked it up before you. that's not luck. luck is a word our species created to try and explain an outcome that cannot be fully explained.
how did you find that money? you don't know what happened before you found it, so you say, I was lucky.
you can call it bad writing if you will, but luck does not affect bullet trajectory etc...
---
It wasn't me it was the one armed man
#129VandorLeePosted 11/13/2012 3:51:18 PM
Luck is just used to "fill in the wholes":

What makes John better than the other spartans?
-Luck

Why did Cortana choose John?
-Luck

Why does John keep surviving so many circumstances that many would die?
-Luck

Its literally both the story and bad writing at the same time...
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#130Urdnot_RuntPosted 11/13/2012 3:53:05 PM
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

You got lucky. That does not mean you have luck as a quality.

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.

except in theory it could be a quality, it cannot be proven or dis-proven

in a computer game or any story really luck can be an attribute if the writer decides it is

^^^this.

Trying to say the chief doesn't possess luck when the game makes it clear he does within the game's fictional universe Is pointless...regardless of if you believe in luck or not.

besides, saying luck doesn't exist in real life is silly. luck doesn't have to mean you have a supernatural attribute.

A history of similarly favorable outcomes due to chance when put in similar situations is all being "lucky" really has to mean. Actually that's exactly what it means