Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#141Igor115Posted 11/13/2012 4:55:54 PM
He's so lucky that he performs flawlessly on the field... at what point is it still considered luck?
#142Raider0996Posted 11/13/2012 4:57:56 PM
Igor115 posted...
He's so lucky that he performs flawlessly on the field... at what point is it still considered luck?

He isn't flawless.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno
#143SirLezdainPosted 11/13/2012 6:23:24 PM
ITT people don't know the difference between tangible/quantifiable and intangible/unquantifiable.
#144COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 6:28:23 PM
jeriausx posted...
This just on for those people (read one) who think luck means only good things happen. It doesn't. Learn what a word means before you try and argue using the definition of said word.

Luck: the fortuitous happening of fortunate or adverse events.

Now try and argue that the MC isn't extremely lucky by saying bad stuff happens to him.

According to Dictionary.com

Luck - the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities

Lucky - having or marked by good luck; fortunate
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#145GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 6:30:34 PM
SirLezdain posted...
ITT people don't know the difference between tangible/quantifiable and intangible/unquantifiable.

Please explain. I'm not an English expert.....
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#146VandorLeePosted 11/13/2012 6:45:03 PM
I would explain more on how this is just bad writing and to fill in the wholes. "Hes just lucky". No, thats not a sarcastic response, thats LITERALLY the answer to why John's awesome.

So in some horrific circumstance that 9/10 people would die in, John would get that 10% chance boosted to 100% and he would live.

Oh and ITS WRITTEN THAT WAY.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#147Strakadh_OFPosted 11/13/2012 6:54:36 PM
VandorLee posted...
I would explain more on how this is just bad writing and to fill in the wholes. "Hes just lucky". No, thats not a sarcastic response, thats LITERALLY the answer to why John's awesome.

So in some horrific circumstance that 9/10 people would die in, John would get that 10% chance boosted to 100% and he would live.

Oh and ITS WRITTEN THAT WAY.

I know, what an asinine discussion this turned into. 15 pages, really?

It says in the books he is the luckiest. It doesnt matter if you believe in luck or not, or if you think the bad situations he gets into are due to bad luck. Its a fictional series of books and games.

Hes an above average Spartan but not a master in any area, except he is incredibly lucky.

No one really cares whether you want to get into some philosophical debate on luck, its the reason given, so deal with it.

/endtopic
---
GT: The Trill Texan
#148SirLezdainPosted 11/14/2012 1:17:49 AM
GGearX posted...
SirLezdain posted...

Please explain. I'm not an English expert.....

Luck is generally agreed upon to be a real thing but it's hard to define or observe, thus making it intangible, IE having no true physical presence. Because of this it can't be measured or appropriately studied, making it unquantifiable.
#149DisastersaurusPosted 11/14/2012 1:24:44 AM
Cortana: [voice-over against a night sky] They let me pick. Did I ever tell you that? Choose whichever Spartan I wanted. [a yellow comet appears in the sky and slowly streaks across the screen] You know me. I did my research. Watched as you became the soldier we needed you to be. Like the others, you were strong and swift and brave. A natural leader. But you had something they didn't. [a smaller comet breaks off from the main one] Something else no one saw but me. Can you guess? Luck. [the smaller comet suddenly plummets down to the earth and crashes off-screen. The scene fades to black] ...Was I wrong?
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#150HybridSnakePosted 11/14/2012 1:28:56 AM
COG_Killa posted...
Noble Six had the same Hyper-lethal vector designation as the chief does, but i'm not really sure if that technically makes them equals.

Doesn't make them equals. Although Noble 6 is a fkn badass.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot