Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#161faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 8:07:34 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
Actually, when two people have contradictory beliefs, one of them (and potentially both) absolutely is wrong. That's a tautological fact.

Some beliefs in gods are absolutely and clearly completely lacking in reason, some are not.

yes but my point is LUCK could be right, you have chosen to believe it is not

very different things and again these get away from the main point of this topic which was who is better spartan and what makes john-117 so good

it is luck and his will to never give up

this has been written and it is fact in this universe, you cannot change it because you do not believe in luck, at least not as an attribute.

Its is a fact that Luck is an attribute of John-117 because the writers said it was

that is all
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#162OmisanAndrewPosted 11/14/2012 8:10:20 AM
So many people in this topic believe in ghosts
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#163faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 8:11:32 AM
OmisanAndrew posted...
So many people in this topic believe in ghosts

who? when? what? where?
---
#164Ajd_KingPosted 11/14/2012 8:11:36 AM
faxmachne posted...
Its is a fact that Luck is an attribute of John-117 because the writers said it was

In which case it's simply bad writing, because it's the equivalent of saying John does well because he is the chosen one of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
---
Ajd of House Ajdatheon, the First of his Name, King of the Posters and the Lurkers and the Troll Men, Lord of the Seven Platforms and Protector of the Forum.
#165GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 8:13:14 AM
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
Some people thinking something is the way the world is has zero effect on whether it's a reasonable belief or not.

Lots of people believe in stupid things. Thinking luck is an attribute is one such stupid belief.

in your onion though

this is the problem, you are confusing your opinion with fact

people believe in god, other people think that is crazy

neither are wrong

this is the same

Being Lucky does not exist. FACT. You will and can never be Lucky.
BTW in your opinion. If you had 7 squad mates die and you were there only one alive. Would you consider yourself lucky or unlucky? Would you even base it on luck?
I agree in Halo luck does exist. Even if I do not believe it. But my head hurts right now. And I am confused still as to why this argument is still going on. >:(
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#166faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 8:13:17 AM
Ajd_King posted...
faxmachne posted...

In which case it's simply bad writing, because it's the equivalent of saying John does well because he is the chosen one of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

in your opinion

which is fine, I can actually understand where you are coming from.

In fact if you hate this concept that is all that has to be said in response, it is bad writing in your opinion because it is a nonsense idea.

unfortunately it still does not take away that is is an attribute of john-117
---
#167TwinmoldPosted 11/14/2012 8:15:00 AM
In the books (Fall of Reach) and canonically speaking, Chief is regarded as pretty much the exemplar of a totally average Spartan-II. He excels at nothing in particular and has no skills that set him above the rest, other than having an edge in leadership. That, and he's extremely lucky, as mentioned already, which is something Cortana/Halsey both noticed about him.

It was the paragraph explaining this that made me realize that the Halo novels were total trash.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#168faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 8:15:29 AM
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
Some people thinking something is the way the world is has zero effect on whether it's a reasonable belief or not.

Lots of people believe in stupid things. Thinking luck is an attribute is one such stupid belief.

in your onion though

this is the problem, you are confusing your opinion with fact

people believe in god, other people think that is crazy

neither are wrong

this is the same

Being Lucky does not exist. FACT. You will and can never be Lucky.
BTW in your opinion. If you had 7 squad mates die and you were there only one alive. Would you consider yourself lucky or unlucky? Would you even base it on luck?
I agree in Halo luck does exist. Even if I do not believe it. But my head hurts right now. And I am confused still as to why this argument is still going on. >:(

personally i think you can get lucky and you can get unlucky, but it is not an attribute as such.

other people think it is and it is there opinion because it is a possibility.

regardless of this in halo, as you have said multiple times in agreement, it is an attribute
---
#169faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 8:16:42 AM
Twinmold posted...
In the books (Fall of Reach) and canonically speaking, Chief is regarded as pretty much the exemplar of a totally average Spartan-II. He excels at nothing in particular and has no skills that set him above the rest, other than having an edge in leadership. That, and he's extremely lucky, as mentioned already, which is something Cortana/Halsey both noticed about him.

It was the paragraph explaining this that made me realize that the Halo novels were total trash.

its in the comics as well and in halo 3, and in any back story of john-117

but i know what your saying
---
#170Alternative_1Posted 11/14/2012 8:17:07 AM
Yes, anything "could" be right. Maybe the ice giants really do live in Jötunheimr. Sure. Doesn't change whether the belief in such things is reasonable or not.

Regardless, I have never disagreed with the "word of god"; John's success comes down to luck because that's what the creators have said. All I have said is that it's a terrible explanation. Nothing more or less. Read the post you first quoted and you'll see that has been my consistent attitude to the fiction. And yes, opinions on the merits of works of fiction are simply that - if someone wants to think Dante was terrible but 50 Shades of Gray is the greatest literary work of humanity then that's up to them.
---
tahts halo
dont worry