Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#171faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 7:19:42 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
Yes, anything "could" be right. Maybe the ice giants really do live in Jötunheimr. Sure. Doesn't change whether the belief in such things is reasonable or not.

Regardless, I have never disagreed with the "word of god"; John's success comes down to luck because that's what the creators have said. All I have said is that it's a terrible explanation. Nothing more or less. Read the post you first quoted and you'll see that has been my consistent attitude to the fiction. And yes, opinions on the merits of works of fiction are simply that - if someone wants to think Dante was terrible but 50 Shades of Gray is the greatest literary work of humanity then that's up to them.

and they would be wrong lol

i think we will have to agree to disagree on its possibilities in RL

like i said i can understand why people think it is a bad story mechanic, i like it but hey each to their own
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#172OmisanAndrewPosted 11/14/2012 7:20:21 AM
All books based on video games and movies and tv shows are trash. Sorry guys its the truth. If you think otherwise than you dont read real books... they are dime novels that you pay more for because of the brand
---
Little high like noon on the moon
#173GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:20:41 AM
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
Some people thinking something is the way the world is has zero effect on whether it's a reasonable belief or not.

Lots of people believe in stupid things. Thinking luck is an attribute is one such stupid belief.

in your onion though

this is the problem, you are confusing your opinion with fact

people believe in god, other people think that is crazy

neither are wrong

this is the same

Being Lucky does not exist. FACT. You will and can never be Lucky.
BTW in your opinion. If you had 7 squad mates die and you were there only one alive. Would you consider yourself lucky or unlucky? Would you even base it on luck?
I agree in Halo luck does exist. Even if I do not believe it. But my head hurts right now. And I am confused still as to why this argument is still going on. >:(

personally i think you can get lucky and you can get unlucky, but it is not an attribute as such.

other people think it is and it is there opinion because it is a possibility.

regardless of this in halo, as you have said multiple times in agreement, it is an attribute

I never said luck was an attribute IRL. You make your own luck by skill intelligence or something else. I honestly do not know what we are talking about though.... So ill back out. I'm sick and taking dayquil and some other meds :(
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#174faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 7:22:15 AM
OmisanAndrew posted...
All books based on video games and movies and tv shows are trash. Sorry guys its the truth. If you think otherwise than you dont read real books... they are dime novels that you pay more for because of the brand

wow just wow

what an elitist post

i read real books, and while I agree most are average or below they are certainly not all trash.

wow
---
#175GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:23:26 AM
OmisanAndrew posted...

I'm guessing you never watched Pokemon >=(
---
#176faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 7:23:58 AM
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
Some people thinking something is the way the world is has zero effect on whether it's a reasonable belief or not.

Lots of people believe in stupid things. Thinking luck is an attribute is one such stupid belief.

in your onion though

this is the problem, you are confusing your opinion with fact

people believe in god, other people think that is crazy

neither are wrong

this is the same

Being Lucky does not exist. FACT. You will and can never be Lucky.
BTW in your opinion. If you had 7 squad mates die and you were there only one alive. Would you consider yourself lucky or unlucky? Would you even base it on luck?
I agree in Halo luck does exist. Even if I do not believe it. But my head hurts right now. And I am confused still as to why this argument is still going on. >:(

personally i think you can get lucky and you can get unlucky, but it is not an attribute as such.

other people think it is and it is there opinion because it is a possibility.

regardless of this in halo, as you have said multiple times in agreement, it is an attribute

I never said luck was an attribute IRL. You make your own luck by skill intelligence or something else. I honestly do not know what we are talking about though.... So ill back out. I'm sick and taking dayquil and some other meds :(

i never said you did say that, i said that you do not think it is attribute

i think you mis-read a lot of posts
---
#177GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:28:42 AM
@ fax

Leave me alooooone :P

Go fax some papers broski.
---
#178faxmachnePosted 11/14/2012 7:29:46 AM
GGearX posted...
@ fax

no u :P

anyway lets leave this topic to die now

GGearX, any final words?
---
#179GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:31:45 AM
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
@ fax

no u :P

anyway lets leave this topic to die now

GGearX, any final words?

I like chicken nuggets.

And with this.... I am gone *woosh*
---
#180TyrannicalPosted 11/14/2012 7:35:01 AM
It should be obvious that it isn't luck.

MASTER CHIEF IS A FORCE SENSITIVE JEDI

Remember, Jedi aren't lucky. They can see slightly into the future and can start to react before the event happens. Master Chief often exhibits this ability in the numerous cut scenes.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.