Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#21SomnambulisticPosted 11/13/2012 3:51:26 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
Yeah, and the whole concept is bull**** because "luck" is not a quality.

This.

I hate when people act as though luck is a tangible thing you can have at all times, and like Chief is never unlucky.

Here's a thought guys; Chief gets caught up in the most unlucky situations int he war. At the end of Halo 3, the Arbiter makes it back to Earth but Chief was UNLUCKY enough to get stuck in the part of the Dawn that didn't make the jump. At the beginning of Halo 4, Chief is UNLUCKY enough to be stumbled upon not by the UNSC, or even a friendly covenant ally, but by literally the only space faring faction who would have attacked him.

That's what you think luck is? Being continuously in the wrong place at the wrong time, and having to fight your way out of the worst situations of anybody involved?

Halsey says he's lucky, but all evidence points to her being wrong.

She remarks that he's lucky in combat, not that he's lucky in the overall situations he gets into.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#22scary ghost manPosted 11/13/2012 3:51:31 AM
Protoman_X38 posted...
GGearX posted...
Protoman_X38 posted...
No, he's just the luckiest.

I don't believe in luck. So your saying he's the most skilled?

No i'm saying he's the luckiest, even the games say this...

Never mind.

Look at it this way. Cortana had the choice of which Spartan she would be paired with. She picked John because he's lucky. From a computer AI standpoint, that could just mean that, statistically, this guy gets the edge in a lot of cases based on random chance.

I mean, come on, man. We're talking about a game with galactic zombies, religious alien terrorists, and super soldiers. you're worried about the meaning of "luck" in the game?
---
Mark Sanchez is such a bust that his new nickname should be Money Shotchez
#23GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:53:43 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Alternative_1 posted...

This.

I hate when people act as though luck is a tangible thing you can have at all times, and like Chief is never unlucky.

Here's a thought guys; Chief gets caught up in the most unlucky situations int he war. At the end of Halo 3, the Arbiter makes it back to Earth but Chief was UNLUCKY enough to get stuck in the part of the Dawn that didn't make the jump. At the beginning of Halo 4, Chief is UNLUCKY enough to be stumbled upon not by the UNSC, or even a friendly covenant ally, but by literally the only space faring faction who would have attacked him.

That's what you think luck is? Being continuously in the wrong place at the wrong time, and having to fight your way out of the worst situations of anybody involved?

What? Imaginary thing called luck = change of a situation. Stop putting words in my mouth.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#24Kcrone1988Posted 11/13/2012 3:54:35 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Alternative_1 posted...

This.

Yeah but when he landed on the forerunner planet/moon thing he found 2 working hogs.... thats lucky!
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#25SterlingFoxPosted 11/13/2012 3:57:04 AM
COG_Killa posted...
Chief's the hero everyone needed him to be. If wasn't put into situations like that, he very well couldn't be that kind of hero.

So this is your logic?

Guy: "I need somebody to save me!"

*Chief shows up to save them*

Guy: "Wow Chief, you're so lucky that you had the privilege of saving me!"

That's very distinctly an unlucky situation for Chief...
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#26Krazy_Karl_7181Posted 11/13/2012 3:58:56 AM
Halsey and Cortana have both stated John's luck as a factor but it's his tenacity that set's him apart if you recall from reading the first book when Halsey and Mendez found him he was playing king of the hill and he got removed once and fought his way back up and then absolutely refused to be dethroned again.

So yes he is lucky but it's his sheer unwillingness to lose that puts him on a whole other level from anyone else whether it's a Spartan 1, 2, 3, or 4 John is the example of what they want out of that kind of program.
---
I can count to potato
#27SterlingFoxPosted 11/13/2012 4:00:00 AM
Kcrone1988 posted...
Yeah but when he landed on the forerunner planet/moon thing he found 2 working hogs.... thats lucky!

Wouldn't it have been more lucky to have not landed on Requiem in the first place?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#28Kcrone1988Posted 11/13/2012 4:02:10 AM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...

Wouldn't it have been more lucky to have not landed on Requiem in the first place?

Possibly but wouldn't have made for a very good game:

Intro - Chief Wakes up
Middle - Chief walks around a deserted half ship for 4 hours (with a crazy blue chick)
End - Chief is picked up by UNSC
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#29faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 4:01:35 AM
Krazy_Karl_7181 posted...
Halsey and Cortana have both stated John's luck as a factor but it's his tenacity that set's him apart if you recall from reading the first book when Halsey and Mendez found him he was playing king of the hill and he got removed once and fought his way back up and then absolutely refused to be dethroned again.

So yes he is lucky but it's his sheer unwillingness to lose that puts him on a whole other level from anyone else whether it's a Spartan 1, 2, 3, or 4 John is the example of what they want out of that kind of program.

Agreed

Remember luck isnt just about having the best life, he is lucky he survived all these situation, how many falls from orbit has he survived now, 2.

that is lucky

but tenacity i think is his main winning factor
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#30COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 4:02:25 AM
SterlingFox posted...
COG_Killa posted...
Chief's the hero everyone needed him to be. If wasn't put into situations like that, he very well couldn't be that kind of hero.

So this is your logic?

Guy: "I need somebody to save me!"

*Chief shows up to save them*

Guy: "Wow Chief, you're so lucky that you had the privilege of saving me!"

That's very distinctly an unlucky situation for Chief...

It's more like this:

Guy: "i need somebody to save me!"

*Chief shows up and saves them*

Guy: Thanks Chief, I'm glad that you were lucky enough to stay alive through all that so you could save us!"
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12