Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#31GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:03:07 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...
Yeah but when he landed on the forerunner planet/moon thing he found 2 working hogs.... thats lucky!

Wouldn't it have been more lucky to have not landed on Requiem in the first place?

Like I said. Luck isn't real. It's his thinking, skills and the situations he was put in that made him the best. And stop trolling. It's getting really annoying...
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#32SleepComaPosted 11/13/2012 5:05:09 AM
Gearx are the sexy?
---
I am no longer human
#33Kcrone1988Posted 11/13/2012 5:05:11 AM
GGearX posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...
Yeah but when he landed on the forerunner planet/moon thing he found 2 working hogs.... thats lucky!

Wouldn't it have been more lucky to have not landed on Requiem in the first place?

Like I said. Luck isn't real. It's his thinking, skills and the situations he was put in that made him the best. And stop trolling. It's getting really annoying...

I agree with you luck is made by the person but in a universe like Halo's if 343 decide luck is a factor then it is a factor. Because magic and dragons dont exist does that mean they have no effect in a game like Skyrim?
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#34COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:06:25 AM
i really doubt that surviving a lifeboat crash in the first game, a REALLY hard landing in 3, AND a spaceship crashing in 4, not to mention all the other bull he's been through, all in one lifetime, is entirely because he's skilled and a good thinker.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#35DamorahTalsetPosted 11/13/2012 5:09:15 AM(edited)
faxmachne posted...

In fact Halsey picked him as a child because of his luck.

It doesn't matter if you believe in luck or not, the game developers do and it is an important part of his story and the background

This. You can't ignore luck as a factor when the game and lore creators have clearly stated it is one, regardless of your belief or not. John-117 is the best because he's the luckiest, and that's the correct answer. It might not be the one you want to hear, but it's the correct one regardless of how much you believe it isn't.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#36SleepComaPosted 11/13/2012 5:07:46 AM
COG_Killa posted...
i really doubt that surviving a lifeboat crash in the first game, a REALLY hard landing in 3, AND a spaceship crashing in 4, not to mention all the other bull he's been through, all in one lifetime, is entirely because he's skilled and a good thinker.

What Is RI
---
I am no longer human
#37Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:07:53 AM
Kcrone1988 posted...
GGearX posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...

I agree with you luck is made by the person but in a universe like Halo's if 343 decide luck is a factor then it is a factor. Because magic and dragons dont exist does that mean they have no effect in a game like Skyrim?

The Elder Scrolls is set in a different universe with different rules. Halo is set in ours.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#38faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:08:37 AM
GGearX posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...

We are just going my the lore of the halo universe, this is what is written down. It is not our fault you do not want to except it.

The luckiest situation would have been them not picking him to be a Spartan, him living out hislife and a rich successful man with a supermodel wife and having a family.

But he is not that lucky, he is just luckier than most.

You do not have to believe in it for it to be in a story.

Do you believe in the covenant? to you believe in daemons, ghosts? Do you believe in little fat plumbers who live in a kingdom of mushrooms? Probably not. You do not have to believe in a concept for it to work in a game.
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#39COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:10:36 AM
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#40Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:10:43 AM
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...

We are just going my the lore of the halo universe, this is what is written down. It is not our fault you do not want to except it.

The luckiest situation would have been them not picking him to be a Spartan, him living out hislife and a rich successful man with a supermodel wife and having a family.

But he is not that lucky, he is just luckier than most.

You do not have to believe in it for it to be in a story.

Do you believe in the covenant? to you believe in daemons, ghosts? Do you believe in little fat plumbers who live in a kingdom of mushrooms? Probably not. You do not have to believe in a concept for it to work in a game.

There is a key difference between a fictional possibility (e.g. aliens exist and in the future humans will interact with them) and a total impossibility (e.g. "luck" being a quality).
---
tahts halo
dont worry