Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#41Kcrone1988Posted 11/13/2012 5:11:05 AM
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

skilled thief?
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)
#42Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:11:13 AM
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

You got lucky. That does not mean you have luck as a quality.

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#43faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:13:25 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
SterlingFox posted...
Kcrone1988 posted...
Yeah but when he landed on the forerunner planet/moon thing he found 2 working hogs.... thats lucky!

Wouldn't it have been more lucky to have not landed on Requiem in the first place?

Like I said. Luck isn't real. It's his thinking, skills and the situations he was put in that made him the best. And stop trolling. It's getting really annoying...

We are just going my the lore of the halo universe, this is what is written down. It is not our fault you do not want to except it.

The luckiest situation would have been them not picking him to be a Spartan, him living out hislife and a rich successful man with a supermodel wife and having a family.

But he is not that lucky, he is just luckier than most.

You do not have to believe in it for it to be in a story.

Do you believe in the covenant? to you believe in daemons, ghosts? Do you believe in little fat plumbers who live in a kingdom of mushrooms? Probably not. You do not have to believe in a concept for it to work in a game.

There is a key difference between a fictional possibility (e.g. aliens exist and in the future humans will interact with them) and a total impossibility (e.g. "luck" being a quality).

Really short little fat plumber having amazing jumping ability and saving princesses in the mushroom kingdom is a believable concept? Daemons are? The Greek gods fighting a Demi-God is?

The fact is it is part of the story, that is all.

Just so you know, luck is as believable as a giant man in the sky and his son jesus. Both require Faith
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#44GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:14:28 AM
COG_Killa posted...

It's the situation you were put in. Money doesn't come to you. You came to it. And happens to see it.

That's like saying someone threw a ball into my hands and I scored a point. Was It luck? Nope.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#45SterlingFoxPosted 11/13/2012 5:15:07 AM
COG_Killa posted...
SterlingFox posted...
COG_Killa posted...
Chief's the hero everyone needed him to be. If wasn't put into situations like that, he very well couldn't be that kind of hero.

So this is your logic?

Guy: "I need somebody to save me!"

*Chief shows up to save them*

Guy: "Wow Chief, you're so lucky that you had the privilege of saving me!"

That's very distinctly an unlucky situation for Chief...

It's more like this:

Guy: "i need somebody to save me!"

*Chief shows up and saves them*

Guy: Thanks Chief, I'm glad that you were lucky enough to stay alive through all that so you could save us!"

So you're saying its lucky to be put into a bunch of horrible, life threatening situations in quick succession now?

Just... ****. Do you not know what luck is? Surviving is mostly skill and technology in Chief's case anyway. He's not "lucky" because he's a good at shooting things, he's skilled.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#46faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:16:28 AM
GGearX posted...
COG_Killa posted...

It's the situation you were put in. Money doesn't come to you. You came to it. And happens to see it.

That's like saying someone threw a ball into my hands and I scored a point. Was It luck? Nope.

in your life you do not believe in luck, that is fine. I cannot prove it so I would never try to dispute that with you.

however it does exist in the halo universe regardless of your own beliefs
---
#47COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:16:31 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.

ok, fine, then chief gets lucky quite a bit.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#48Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:16:48 AM
Really short little fat plumber having amazing jumping ability and saving princesses in the mushroom kingdom is a believable concept? Daemons are? The Greek gods fighting a Demi-God is?

Of course Mario's plot is a total nonsense. Who would disagree with that? If your defence is "Well it's the same as Mario!" for a plot then. . .well, it's time to give up on the defence.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#49faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:18:07 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...

except in theory it could be a quality, it cannot be proven or dis-proven

in a computer game or any story really luck can be an attribute if the writer decides it is
---
#50COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:19:25 AM
GGearX posted...
COG_Killa posted...

i would say that i was lucky enough to come across the money and see it.

and that you were skilled enough to catch the ball and score a point.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12