Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#51faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:20:01 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
Really short little fat plumber having amazing jumping ability and saving princesses in the mushroom kingdom is a believable concept? Daemons are? The Greek gods fighting a Demi-God is?

Of course Mario's plot is a total nonsense. Who would disagree with that? If your defence is "Well it's the same as Mario!" for a plot then. . .well, it's time to give up on the defence.

no

my point is that if a game decides that luck is a factor or an attribute then it is in that game, just like any other story

if you do not like it that is fine, but do not say that it isnt because you do no believe in it

we are talking about a story with prehistoric humans having the ability of space travel

if the writers say it exists in this universe it does, no further discussion should be required.
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#52Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/13/2012 5:20:04 AM
His quality is Luck.

He could have been in cryo when the pillar of autumn landed somewhere aside from near a Halo which would meant the flood would either escape from it, or the covenant would have been able to use it. He could have died in the wreck on the escape pod on the way to the halo. He could have died in the fall from orbit. Etc.

He for the most part is able to get through tough situations even if there is an insanely low probability of him surviving, luck plays in his favor. While yes his skill as a average spartan does come into play for some of it, so does the small probabilities that work in his favor.... Though his luck is more of a mix of both bad and good.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#53HitokiriFelixPosted 11/13/2012 5:20:46 AM
Play all of the Chief's 4 halo games on heroic, restarting from the start of Halo 1 whenever you die. When you're finished, divide the number one by the number of tries it took you to accomplish this. I imagine your number will be pretty small. That's what John's chances are. Now are you really going to tell me he isn't lucky?
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#54GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:21:18 AM
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

It's the situation you were put in. Money doesn't come to you. You came to it. And happens to see it.

That's like saying someone threw a ball into my hands and I scored a point. Was It luck? Nope.

in your life you do not believe in luck, that is fine. I cannot prove it so I would never try to dispute that with you.

however it does exist in the halo universe regardless of your own beliefs

It's not a belief though. You cannot put "being lucky" in your resume. No one will hire you because you are "lucky" unless you live in fairytale land.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#55COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:23:17 AM
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

It's the situation you were put in. Money doesn't come to you. You came to it. And happens to see it.

That's like saying someone threw a ball into my hands and I scored a point. Was It luck? Nope.

in your life you do not believe in luck, that is fine. I cannot prove it so I would never try to dispute that with you.

however it does exist in the halo universe regardless of your own beliefs

It's not a belief though. You cannot put "being lucky" in your resume. No one will hire you because you are "lucky" unless you live in fairytale land.

Cortana chose the chief because of his luck. she might as well have been looking at a resume.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#56Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:26:15 AM
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...

You got lucky. That does not mean you have luck as a quality.

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.

except in theory it could be a quality, it cannot be proven or dis-proven

in a computer game or any story really luck can be an attribute if the writer decides it is

Yes, anything can happen or be in fiction. However, the Halo universe is a sci-fi version of ours.

Having "luck" be a quality makes as much sense as all humans in Halo 5 suddenly knowing how to fly. Sure, if the writers want that then it will be how things are in the Halo universe, but it's clearly bull****, which has been my contention from the start.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#57HitokiriFelixPosted 11/13/2012 5:26:24 AM
GGearX posted...

Hey kid, Halo is a fairytale land. Luck exists there.
Also if you played from Halo 1 to Halo 4 without ever dying on Heroic, you would be pretty damn lucky yourself.

The Chief doesn't have the luxury you have. If he dies once it's game over. No restarts. Considering this he is pretty lucky to get through all that he does.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#58Delta ZeroPosted 11/13/2012 5:26:41 AM
It has been written that luck is a quality in the Halo universe, regardless of what anyone here says. It is the deciding factor in Cortana's selection. It is what keeps the Chief alive in impossible situations. It is what puts the Chief in those exact situations where he can save the galaxy.

They might seem like hellish situations where an unlucky guy would find himself, but in reality there is good luck involved when that "unlucky" guy randomly finds himself in a position to save the galaxy multiple times. I call that lucky since the alternate version has everyone and everything sentient dying a violent death, including the Chief.

Also, Fred is a better version of Chief. He is just shy and reserved so he keeps to himself instead of taking the spotlight. He holds second scores on almost everything and Chief thinks it was deliberate to avoid being number 1. So if anyone is the best, it is Fred. Either him or Kurt.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xXDelta%20ZeroXx/tempo/card.png
#59DamorahTalsetPosted 11/13/2012 5:27:36 AM
People are still arguing luck when the creators of MC said he's the best because he's lucky. As in it's a trait of his. Lol.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#60COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:28:56 AM
i would like to point out that any work of fiction takes place in a universe that is not ours, no matter how similar it is to ours. unless the author explicitly states that luck isn't a part of their universe, it is possible that it exists.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12