Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#61GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:30:48 AM
DamorahTalset posted...
People are still arguing luck when the creators of MC said he's the best because he's lucky. As in it's a trait of his. Lol.

You serious? It can't be a trait of him otherwise he wouldn't have wound up in such horrible situations.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#62Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/13/2012 5:31:37 AM
GGearX posted...
DamorahTalset posted...
People are still arguing luck when the creators of MC said he's the best because he's lucky. As in it's a trait of his. Lol.

You serious? It can't be a trait of him otherwise he wouldn't have wound up in such horrible situations.

Yes all the horrible situations that allowed him to play a large part in saving the universe/planet multiple times, yurp.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#63faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:38:33 AM
Alternative_1 posted...
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

You got lucky. That does not mean you have luck as a quality.

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.

except in theory it could be a quality, it cannot be proven or dis-proven

in a computer game or any story really luck can be an attribute if the writer decides it is

Yes, anything can happen or be in fiction. However, the Halo universe is a sci-fi version of ours.

Having "luck" be a quality makes as much sense as all humans in Halo 5 suddenly knowing how to fly. Sure, if the writers want that then it will be how things are in the Halo universe, but it's clearly bull****, which has been my contention from the start.

but it isnt, it really isnt

Luck is very very possible, I have as much belief in luck as I do a god.

It is a story, therefore what the writer says goes. If you do not like it then tough, that is the way it is
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#64faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:39:20 AM
GGearX posted...
DamorahTalset posted...

which he survived
---
#65GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:44:40 AM
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
faxmachne posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
COG_Killa posted...
if i find money on the ground, it's not because i'm good at doing that. Then what's the factor here?

You got lucky. That does not mean you have luck as a quality.

If you don't understand the basic distinction then this discussion is not for you.

except in theory it could be a quality, it cannot be proven or dis-proven

in a computer game or any story really luck can be an attribute if the writer decides it is

Yes, anything can happen or be in fiction. However, the Halo universe is a sci-fi version of ours.

Having "luck" be a quality makes as much sense as all humans in Halo 5 suddenly knowing how to fly. Sure, if the writers want that then it will be how things are in the Halo universe, but it's clearly bull****, which has been my contention from the start.

but it isnt, it really isnt

Luck is very very possible, I have as much belief in luck as I do a god.

It is a story, therefore what the writer says goes. If you do not like it then tough, that is the way it is

Woah Woah Woah.
Do NOT bring religion into this topic. I don't like arguing with people who bring up religion as a weapon in arguments.
---
#66faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:49:04 AM
GGearX posted...

Woah Woah Woah.
Do NOT bring religion into this topic. I don't like arguing with people who bring up religion as a weapon in arguments.

it is not a weapon

my point is that people will believe in what they want, and foe there reasons

if you do not believe in it, it does not make them wrong you just have different beliefs that is how I see luck in the real world.

you cannot say it does not exist with 100% accuracy because you cannot prove it, however likely it may be

regardless in the halo universe luck does exist, it is a quality and it is an important factor of a character in that universe.

if you do not like that then tough, it is a fact in this universe
---
#67GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:53:58 AM
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...

Woah Woah Woah.

it is not a weapon

my point is that people will believe in what they want, and foe there reasons

if you do not believe in it, it does not make them wrong you just have different beliefs that is how I see luck in the real world.

you cannot say it does not exist with 100% accuracy because you cannot prove it, however likely it may be

regardless in the halo universe luck does exist, it is a quality and it is an important factor of a character in that universe.

if you do not like that then tough, it is a fact in this universe

Fare enough broski. Hug? * arms wide open*
---
#68Alternative_1Posted 11/13/2012 5:57:04 AM
Appeals to solipsism should result in the death penalty.
---
tahts halo
dont worry
#69touyamizrahiPosted 11/13/2012 6:02:12 AM
First just going to point out an error someone wrote on page 3 but i'm too lazy to quote/cite: It was Halsey and Keyes that scouted John playing king of the hill, not Mendez.

Secondly, 3 of the 4 first books are written by the guy who worked on a majority of the Halo games storyline as well, Eric Nylund. So with this fact, anything a player wants to state, speculate, or argue is moot, because in the universe he wrote, his word is how it goes.

Thirdly, being on the topic of IF John is lucky or not. I would point out that from a GALACTIC standpoint for humanity, he is lucky that he's put into all those situations in order to save what's left of humanity, because again, if you've read all the books, you know that the covenant were glassing an overwhelming majority of human colonized planets AND they were almost to Earth. So yes, right there John is lucky to be there to save humanity as he was chosen by Halsey to do (with the other Spartans of course), and that you can also agree that he is VERY LUCKY to have been able to find the weapons and ammo needed to use his combat skills to survive all the situations. Someone on this board could be a perfect marksman, but if you're unlucky to run out of ammo with a million bad guys coming at you, you're ******. (There is no kill 5 of 10, respawn, and have magical ammo and guns again in real life!) and if you want to test my theory of how lucky it is to find ammo, play through the halo games on legendary, make a video, and if you die once, you erase the save file, cause you just died. see how long you can live without dying and while maintaining your ammo.

Lastly, if you're in this tpoic and you have NOT read all the books nor played ALL the games to have the full storyline and the creators view of their universe....you should not be here....
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko XBL: AdamLelouche
#70COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 6:04:38 AM
When do I get a hug?
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12