Is John the strongest spartan out of all of them? (1,2s,3s,4s)

#71GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:07:43 AM
touyamizrahi posted...
First just going to point out an error someone wrote on page 3 but i'm too lazy to quote/cite: It was Halsey and Keyes that scouted John playing king of the hill, not Mendez.

Secondly, 3 of the 4 first books are written by the guy who worked on a majority of the Halo games storyline as well, Eric Nylund. So with this fact, anything a player wants to state, speculate, or argue is moot, because in the universe he wrote, his word is how it goes.

Thirdly, being on the topic of IF John is lucky or not. I would point out that from a GALACTIC standpoint for humanity, he is lucky that he's put into all those situations in order to save what's left of humanity, because again, if you've read all the books, you know that the covenant were glassing an overwhelming majority of human colonized planets AND they were almost to Earth. So yes, right there John is lucky to be there to save humanity as he was chosen by Halsey to do (with the other Spartans of course), and that you can also agree that he is VERY LUCKY to have been able to find the weapons and ammo needed to use his combat skills to survive all the situations. Someone on this board could be a perfect marksman, but if you're unlucky to run out of ammo with a million bad guys coming at you, you're ******. (There is no kill 5 of 10, respawn, and have magical ammo and guns again in real life!) and if you want to test my theory of how lucky it is to find ammo, play through the halo games on legendary, make a video, and if you die once, you erase the save file, cause you just died. see how long you can live without dying and while maintaining your ammo.

Lastly, if you're in this tpoic and you have NOT read all the books nor played ALL the games to have the full storyline and the creators view of their universe....you should not be here....

I said luck wasn't real so that people wouldn't keep bringing it up. I asked who was the best spartan and look what happened.

So let's get down to facts.

WHICH SPARTAN IS THE BEST OF THE BEST IN TERMS OF SPEED STRENGTH THINKING AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES No. Luck. Included. JUST STRAIGHT 1V1
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#72AoENIACPosted 11/13/2012 5:09:37 AM
Halsey didn't believe in luck either when she said that John was the luckiest.

She obviously meant that he had a subconscious disposition of calculation and inference such that he was best able to twist the odds in his favor through discernible action.

In other words, he's the broodiest.

But that doesn't sound as cool as saying he's lucky.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#73GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:10:19 AM
COG_Killa posted...
When do I get a hug?

You want one? Might as well give you it since someone doesn't care for my limited time only hugs. Hurry though! This deal won't last! ;D *opens arms and is going in for the hug*
---
#74touyamizrahiPosted 11/13/2012 5:13:40 AM
GGearX posted...
touyamizrahi posted...
First just going to point out an error someone wrote on page 3 but i'm too lazy to quote/cite: It was Halsey and Keyes that scouted John playing king of the hill, not Mendez.

Secondly, 3 of the 4 first books are written by the guy who worked on a majority of the Halo games storyline as well, Eric Nylund. So with this fact, anything a player wants to state, speculate, or argue is moot, because in the universe he wrote, his word is how it goes.

Thirdly, being on the topic of IF John is lucky or not. I would point out that from a GALACTIC standpoint for humanity, he is lucky that he's put into all those situations in order to save what's left of humanity, because again, if you've read all the books, you know that the covenant were glassing an overwhelming majority of human colonized planets AND they were almost to Earth. So yes, right there John is lucky to be there to save humanity as he was chosen by Halsey to do (with the other Spartans of course), and that you can also agree that he is VERY LUCKY to have been able to find the weapons and ammo needed to use his combat skills to survive all the situations. Someone on this board could be a perfect marksman, but if you're unlucky to run out of ammo with a million bad guys coming at you, you're ******. (There is no kill 5 of 10, respawn, and have magical ammo and guns again in real life!) and if you want to test my theory of how lucky it is to find ammo, play through the halo games on legendary, make a video, and if you die once, you erase the save file, cause you just died. see how long you can live without dying and while maintaining your ammo.

Lastly, if you're in this tpoic and you have NOT read all the books nor played ALL the games to have the full storyline and the creators view of their universe....you should not be here....

I said luck wasn't real so that people wouldn't keep bringing it up. I asked who was the best spartan and look what happened.

WHICH SPARTAN IS THE BEST OF THE BEST IN TERMS OF SPEED STRENGTH THINKING AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES No. Luck. Included. JUST STRAIGHT 1V1

Well, Luck can be called Intuition if you'd prefer. As for the BEST SINGLE STAT Spartan in each stat? Well, we'd need to ask, are we going with just John's group? or every spartan that survived the augmentation? Only those who made it into that armor?

Because, again according to the books, the SMARTEST spartan out of John's group got horrible messed up during the augmentation process before they even had the decent armor and he was never put into combat again but instead has been working at ONI instead.

You can't just ask for the best in a single stat without specific details as to who can be included and who can not.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko XBL: AdamLelouche
#75GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 5:16:41 AM
touyamizrahi posted...
GGearX posted...
touyamizrahi posted...

Well, Luck can be called Intuition if you'd prefer. As for the BEST SINGLE STAT Spartan in each stat? Well, we'd need to ask, are we going with just John's group? or every spartan that survived the augmentation? Only those who made it into that armor?

Because, again according to the books, the SMARTEST spartan out of John's group got horrible messed up during the augmentation process before they even had the decent armor and he was never put into combat again but instead has been working at ONI instead.

You can't just ask for the best in a single stat without specific details as to who can be included and who can not.

Everyone can be included.
---
#76COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:18:24 AM(edited)
on-topic? what???

based on just the games, i'd say it'd be close to a tie between MC and six, but with MC coming out in front because he's had more experience "fate of the human race" (and perhaps the whole galaxy) scenarios.

I haven't read the books, though.

edit: *BEAR HUGZ*
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#77faxmachnePosted 11/13/2012 5:19:04 AM
GGearX posted...
faxmachne posted...
GGearX posted...

Woah Woah Woah.
Do NOT bring religion into this topic. I don't like arguing with people who bring up religion as a weapon in arguments.

it is not a weapon

my point is that people will believe in what they want, and foe there reasons

if you do not believe in it, it does not make them wrong you just have different beliefs that is how I see luck in the real world.

you cannot say it does not exist with 100% accuracy because you cannot prove it, however likely it may be

regardless in the halo universe luck does exist, it is a quality and it is an important factor of a character in that universe.

if you do not like that then tough, it is a fact in this universe

Fare enough broski. Hug? * arms wide open*

fair enough

you were not wrong i was just trying to make you see that you were not right either lol (with regards real world luck)

now as valid as your new question is, I cannot take part in it as I feel removing that factor is basically like saying remove the chief from the equation. which I do not think is fair
---
Thanks to the guy who blabbed on my old one
#78Lionheart MasterPosted 11/13/2012 5:23:39 AM
SterlingFox posted...
Alternative_1 posted...
Yeah, and the whole concept is bull**** because "luck" is not a quality.

This.

I hate when people act as though luck is a tangible thing you can have at all times, and like Chief is never unlucky.

Here's a thought guys; Chief gets caught up in the most unlucky situations int he war. At the end of Halo 3, the Arbiter makes it back to Earth but Chief was UNLUCKY enough to get stuck in the part of the Dawn that didn't make the jump. At the beginning of Halo 4, Chief is UNLUCKY enough to be stumbled upon not by the UNSC, or even a friendly covenant ally, but by literally the only space faring faction who would have attacked him.

That's what you think luck is? Being continuously in the wrong place at the wrong time, and having to fight your way out of the worst situations of anybody involved?

Halsey says he's lucky, but all evidence points to her being wrong.

lulz its a video game guy, its all in the script
---
--
"The enemy's gate is down!"
#79A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 11/13/2012 5:26:35 AM
Luck doesn't have to be magic to be real. Think about it. If you're playing Halo 4 and the enemy sniper just missed your head by an inch and accidentally sniped the guy behind you instead you didn't out skill the bullet. Either you were lucky, or your team mate was unlucky. It's can just be the term we use for when probablility plays out in our favor.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#80touyamizrahiPosted 11/13/2012 5:33:11 AM
COG_Killa posted...
on-topic? what???

based on just the games, i'd say it'd be close to a tie between MC and six, but with MC coming out in front because he's had more experience "fate of the human race" (and perhaps the whole galaxy) scenarios.

I haven't read the books, though.

edit: *BEAR HUGZ*

lol, if you like the halo storyline in the games even remotely, and you want the full scope of how awesome it is, read the books and play all the games in this order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DocumentN/Halo_chronological_order

hopefully your local library is as awesome as mine is (or that you know someone there well enough who will order books for you as long as you pay for them :) )

but the Halo universe is so much broader than just the view of Master Chief.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko XBL: AdamLelouche