does MC need a new rank?

#1monkmithPosted 11/13/2012 11:09:52 AM
seems a bit unfair doesn't it? he blew up a few halos, stopped the covenant and the flood; hell he ended the conflict in this game by himself (not counting cortana). isn't it about time for a new rank?
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#2Gnarly_BPosted 11/13/2012 11:10:42 AM
It's probably to stop him being able to give orders to Generals etc.

He's far more useful as an infantryman than an officer.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 213
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp. GT: Charlievil
#3XXHornDogXXPosted 11/13/2012 11:10:49 AM
He is already the highest enlisted rank in the Navy if i am correct.
---
no Sig master race
#4zeroboboPosted 11/13/2012 11:10:58 AM
isn't he the highest enlisted rank?
#5monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:12:03 AM
XXHornDogXX posted...

is this true? i really don't know the different ranks (which is sad, i live in a navy town).
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#6tubb311Posted 11/13/2012 11:14:30 AM
I believe Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest attainable rank while still seeing combat. if his rank were higher he would just be giving orders and that defeats the purpose of the spartan program altogether.
#7Special-EddPosted 11/13/2012 11:14:35 AM
isn't he the highest enlisted rank?

He's the highest rank he can be without being stuck on a ship instead of being on the ground where is most useful.
---
Playing: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, AC 3, Halo 4
Anticipating: Hitman: Absolution, Gears of War: Judgement, GoW: Ascension
#8PharoahPelicanPosted 11/13/2012 11:15:13 AM
Gnarly_B posted...
It's probably to stop him being able to give orders to Generals etc.

He's far more useful as an infantryman than an officer.

---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#9MetaIGearRexPosted 11/13/2012 11:16:07 AM
monkmith posted...
XXHornDogXX posted...

is this true? i really don't know the different ranks (which is sad, i live in a navy town).

Yup, well technically there is one enlisted rank higher. Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, but there can only be one of those and they are old bastards who push papers.
#10Maxx_the_SlashPosted 11/13/2012 11:27:30 AM
The highest rank would be Admiral (unless you count the guys in ONI, who would definitely be even higher than that). But as was stated earlier in the topic, the Chief can't advance anymore. He's the man.

Unless he willingly requests a rank downgrade back to Boot and work his way up again, but come on, he wouldn't do that. Technically, he's a Chief Petty Officer, which is a normal rank that others can obtain, but through his strong leadership, the Chief earned leadership over all the other CPO's, including Mendez, the guy who trained him. Master Chief is the highest rank for Marine forces, and it's also literally a one-of-a-kind rank that no one else has. Who would give that up?

Also, the actual rank was created especially for him, and no other Spartan from any of the 4 Spartan programs came close to deserving it. If the Chief dies, the rank dies.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984