Spartan Ops: So much potential, all of it gone to waste.

#21SinisterBladePosted 11/13/2012 12:04:18 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
The dialogue is another point. I just want Palmer and Miller to SHUT THE **** UP for once and stop holding my god damn hand. I don't need to be told every 4 seconds that there are either more enemies left for me to kill or that I have, in fact, killed all the enemies.

The dialogue is probably the biggest complaint. EP.2's Hacksaw has to be the worst. Palmer feels she needs to tell you to shoot the Covenant AND NOT the UNSC marines.

Omg! Commander.. No FN **** :D! Its been four years since the events in 3. There isnt a SPARTAN alive who needs to be told by their C.O not to shoot Marines... And If I hear her say egghead one more time, IM BREAKING my speakers, because muting VO isnt an option anymore.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#22racerapjPosted 11/13/2012 12:08:05 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
The dialogue is another point. I just want Palmer and Miller to SHUT THE **** UP for once and stop holding my god damn hand. I don't need to be told every 4 seconds that there are either more enemies left for me to kill or that I have, in fact, killed all the enemies.

The dialogue is probably the biggest complaint. EP.2's Hacksaw has to be the worst. Palmer feels she needs to tell you to shoot the Covenant AND NOT the UNSC marines.

Omg! Commander.. No FN **** :D! Its been four years since the events in 3. There isnt a SPARTAN alive who needs to be told by their C.O not to shoot Marines... And If I hear her say egghead one more time, IM BREAKING my speakers, because muting VO isnt an option anymore.

Dun worry, let the eggheads at 343 fix the problems
---
Xbox:InsanityWolf7 II PS3:Racerapj II Steam: Dark Wolf7171 II YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/racerapj II MK: Cyrax II Tekken: Lili, Dragunov
#23CaptainLukaPosted 11/13/2012 12:09:28 PM
We're only on the second episode, jesus. We could very well get more level variety.

I do agree with the lack of a penalty for death though. I dislike that very much.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
#24theshovellerPosted 11/13/2012 12:11:55 PM
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Isn't Palmer a former Marine? A coworker of mine is in the Navy and married to a Marine, and she says that a lot of Marines have this strange sort of "we're better than everyone else, because we're Marines" mindset. I mean, they're part of the Navy, but don't see themselves as part of the Navy. It could be why she's seemingly so against the other factions working together - just look at the first intro to the first mission. "Calm down, everyone - the Spartans are here."

Or I could be wrong and it's crappy writing and direction.
#25DrkVrtxPosted 11/13/2012 12:13:05 PM
While I do wish that there was more attention paid to the story post mission(s) instead of just a generic pack up and go home ending, I find Spartan Ops enjoyable. I play through a mission a day, so I don't find the routine of each mission tedious quite yet, but I do have to say that the auto respawn kinda makes me a bit reckless. Then again, some of the enemy spawns are cruel at times, and there is literally no way for you to survive at such points.
#26JenniferTatePosted 11/13/2012 12:21:02 PM(edited)
theshoveller posted...
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Isn't Palmer a former Marine? A coworker of mine is in the Navy and married to a Marine, and she says that a lot of Marines have this strange sort of "we're better than everyone else, because we're Marines" mindset. I mean, they're part of the Navy, but don't see themselves as part of the Navy. It could be why she's seemingly so against the other factions working together - just look at the first intro to the first mission. "Calm down, everyone - the Spartans are here."

Or I could be wrong and it's crappy writing and direction.

I come from a Marine Corps family. Dad's a retired fighter pilot and squadron commander. My mom is a former Navy flight surgeon. Then my siblings, although I chose the Army. It is true they have a superior mindset, but to be fair they also have more rigorous training and exacting standards. They're also very much the tip of the spear; the joke is the Marines go in and do the heavy lifting, the Army does the occupying after, and they just use the Navy's equipment.

It's the same way even as an Airborne soldier I held my head a little higher over others who didn't. Let alone the camaraderie Rangers or SEAL or FORECON soldiers have. You went the extra mile, and the culture really wants you lord it over people with peer pressure, for better or worse.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#27darren19822000Posted 11/13/2012 12:27:37 PM
i will wait till all the episodes of ch 1 are out before i cry about the story.

and firefight sucked balls. never had a game that wasnt laggy. so bad so that using a dmr was crazy cuz youd just miss form lag
---
gt darren reefnugs
#28Eagles931Posted 11/13/2012 12:28:50 PM
Meh I got my fun out of it, it was a good change of pace for me. I mostly got this game for the war games anyways
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#29UtterMoonPosted 11/13/2012 12:29:52 PM
Well..obviously someone didn't find the Red vs Blue easter egg....
#30SinisterBladePosted 11/13/2012 12:37:31 PM
The EE on GIGARIN is soo funny. Evertime an AL played I burst out laughing. Hell im giggling just typing this. xD
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!