Why the hell is this called "Halo"?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?
3 years ago#1
Why are any of the games after Halo 1 called Halo? I can't remember if there was a Halo in 2, but there hasn't been one since. That's stupid as ****. It's like calling 'Honey I Blew Up The Kid' and 'Honey I Shrunk Ourselves' 'Honey I shrunk the kids 2 & 3'. It doesn't make sense and it's stupid. They should change the name.
3 years ago#2
you make a valid point sir
---
--
"The enemy's gate is down!"
3 years ago#3
What a silly topic.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
3 years ago#4
I find this criticism amusing
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
3 years ago#5
I came in expecting another CoD comparison lol.
---
Keepin' it classy.
3 years ago#6
SunDevil77 posted...
What a silly topic.

So it makes sense to call a game with NO halo's "Halo". I'm glad I'm on the opposite side of your logic.
3 years ago#7
Halo 1 had a Halo in it.

Halo 2 had a Halo in it.

Halo 3 had a Halo AND the Ark.

Halo 4 is on a Shield World, another Forerunner creation. So it still makes some sense.

Halo sounds better than "Shield World", don't you think?
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:445 I'm Batman (Yes, don't deny it)
Are you ready for Halo 4?
3 years ago#8
There was a Halo array in 3
---
Spider-man thread? Spider-man thread.
GT: TheDWGM
3 years ago#9
There is still 5(i think) rings out there
---
xbl GT:thatman 6sic6 psn id:thatman_6sic6
3 years ago#10
world problem is that game name once make, it can't change after release.

did you see pre-Halo 1 game? these ugly graphic with hideout helmet. that when name is first appear.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived