Why the hell is this called "Halo"?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?
3 years ago#21
There's a Halo in all of the main games. I suppose there's technically one in Reach, in that you see 04 from Halo CE.

There's also

*Halo 4 Spoilers*

A halo in 4, even if you don't go on it. The station from the second to last mission is in orbit around or near one of the halos.
Important Time Saving Tip: I've been using this name on the internet for 8 years now. I don't watch DBZ and haven't for several years now.
3 years ago#22
Halo 1 - Installation 04
Halo 2 - Installation 05
Halo 3 - Installation 00 & 04
Halo 4 - Installation 03 (though you don't land on it you a) Pass it and b) It is integral to the plot as it is where the Composer was hidden)
3 years ago#23
krazykiwikid posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
What a silly topic.

So it makes sense to call a game with NO halo's "Halo". I'm glad I'm on the opposite side of your logic.

Why was Back to the Future 2 called Back to the Future? They didn't go back to the future, they went there for the first time. In 1 and 3 they were trying to get Back to the Future, so it makes sense.

Jurassic Park hasn't been in a Jurassic Park movie since the first one. Why were Jurassic Park 2 and 3 called Jurassic Park? Why not just "Island where **** gets real" 2 and 3?
3 years ago#24
krazykiwikid posted...
brawl4fun posted...
Halo 1 had a Halo in it.

Halo 2 had a Halo in it.

Halo 3 had a Halo AND the Ark.

Halo 4 is on a Shield World, another Forerunner creation. So it still makes some sense.

Halo sounds better than "Shield World", don't you think?

Halo: ODST

Halo: Reach ????

How in the hell do you market a successful series if you keep changing the name?
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
3 years ago#25
Uh, the main character's name is 'John Halo' duh. do your research kid.
"The enemy's gate is down!"
3 years ago#26
What about resident evil? Or lost planet? I mean, the planet obviously isn't lost because people are on it.
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
3 years ago#27
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
3 years ago#28
Lionheart Master posted...
Uh, the main character's name is 'John Halo' duh. do your research kid.

Ehs a pretty cool guy too. eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything.
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.
3 years ago#29
Because they are part of the same story. Obviously.
3 years ago#30
This game has a Halo installation in it. Pay attention to the narrative or stfu.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived