This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?
3 years ago#41
There is a ring in this game.
I'll be in my bunk...
3 years ago#42
You can't really change the name of a well established series. Plus, they do at least mention the Halos in this.

I mean, even some of the Zelda games don't have Zelda in them at all.
3 years ago#43
And we go near a Halo in 4.
I am a fan of My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
3 years ago#44
Does every Jason movie take place on Friday the 13th? Do all the nightmares occur on Elm Street?
3 years ago#45
because if they changed the name it wouldnt sell as many copies
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
3 years ago#46
Spoilers below!!!!!

Halo Installation 03 in halo 4. You don't physically go on it but you go to a space station that recovered an artifact from the halo.
3 years ago#47
There has been a halo in every Halo game. (Not sure about Reach, don't care about Wars)
"You can't win a marathon without putting some band-aids on your nipples."
GT: TheyCallMeArjun
3 years ago#48
why is it called the legend of zelda when its all about link? i'm pretty sure zelda isn't even in some of the games.
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
3 years ago#49
brawl4fun posted...
Halo 1 had a Halo in it.

Halo 2 had a Halo in it.

Halo 3 had a Halo AND the Ark.

Halo 4 is on a Shield World, another Forerunner creation. So it still makes some sense.

Halo sounds better than "Shield World", don't you think?

No only that but in the campaign Chief does hitch a ride on a ship that goes to the research station orbiting a Halo installation.
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
3 years ago#50
I'm amazed to see how longer we got without someone pointing out the obvious troll TC is, he si obviously well aware of the reason, otherwise I would have to assume there are some challenges his mind can't take :/

How many examples can people name of franchises that keep the name just because it is stablished?
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why the hell is this called "Halo"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived