Halo 4 on Stardard Definition TV

#21TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/13/2012 4:14:26 PM
Bravia's are LCD's friendo. They haven't made a plasma in ten years.
#22dannyaqPosted 11/13/2012 4:21:54 PM
_Cyberpunk posted...
32 in 720p for 149 Thanksgiving night at Walmart. You have no excuse.

except for the fact that it is thanksgiving... somebody has to work at retail stores. some people have family obligations. and to some people keeping an SD tv isn't worth waiting hours upon hours in a line. not to mention that is still $150. if that is some chump change to you please send me half or even a tenth of that price, i'll give you my paypal email.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#23Motokid6Posted 11/13/2012 4:24:08 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
My friend just dropped $650 on a pretty big plasma tv and it has no option to turn the motion smoothing off

So video games look cheap and cartoon and movies look like cheap soap operas

I've noticed that too on a few TV's. Its not motion smoothing though. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but these tv's run at a higher speed. Most are 60hz ( 60fps ). Those TV's you are talking about run at 80 - 120hz ( 120fps ) which would explain that smoothing effect. It takes some getting used too. Idk about halo ( which can barely run at 30fps let alone 120 on crap console hardware ) but I play Battlefield 3 at 120hz and I won't go back. Its simply stunning.
#24MrbigblockPosted 11/13/2012 4:32:48 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...

I know you already know this but just wanted to say that "The way of the gun" is an awesome movie and the opening screen to that movie had one of the best lines ever in a movie. My buddies and I quoted that line for years whenever we were talking smack to each other :)

Also plasma's do rule. I have 3 fifty inch and 1 55 inch in my home and I would not trade them for anything.
#25_CyberpunkPosted 11/13/2012 4:36:51 PM
dannyaq posted...
_Cyberpunk posted...

except for the fact that it is thanksgiving... somebody has to work at retail stores. some people have family obligations. and to some people keeping an SD tv isn't worth waiting hours upon hours in a line. not to mention that is still $150. if that is some chump change to you please send me half or even a tenth of that price, i'll give you my paypal email.

What are you talking about? There is no line. You get a voucher to buy if they run out of those. I won't even address you having no money because... well, yeah.

But its technically not black Friday so there is no long lines. Obviously if you want one, now is the time. F*** me for giving you good information.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mARgU.gif
#26zelos736Posted 11/13/2012 4:57:17 PM
dannyaq posted...
zelos736 posted...
People still use SDTVs? Woah man. Just go by an HD one. You can get a decent sized one for cheap. I got a 36" for like $350. Why suffer trying to play games that are obviously tailored towards HD? I mean come on, my 36" cost about as much as an Xbox. You should beable to afford it.

lol at $350 being cheap. why should we be able to afford it? if you make something like $10 an hour or something like that, after taxes, that's a full 40 hour week's worth of work. besides who says we are suffereing with SD? I have a component SD tv and it looks great. not HD great, but still looks fine. my only gripe is with some games where the text is so small its almost illegible. not halo though.

but do tell me, how much disposable income do you think we should have per week or month?

It is cheap, I only make $11 a hour, so not much more than you and I can afford it just fine. I still pay rent and bills just like the rest of you. So dont give me that high and mighty bullcrap. Its called saving for a reason you know. If your fine with an SD then cool. Im just sayin that most everything is tailored to HD now, so your doing yourself a disservice by not upgrading to HD when it is so obviously available and affordable.
#27darren19822000Posted 11/13/2012 5:07:20 PM
zelos736 posted...
dannyaq posted...
zelos736 posted...
People still use SDTVs? Woah man. Just go by an HD one. You can get a decent sized one for cheap. I got a 36" for like $350. Why suffer trying to play games that are obviously tailored towards HD? I mean come on, my 36" cost about as much as an Xbox. You should beable to afford it.

lol at $350 being cheap. why should we be able to afford it? if you make something like $10 an hour or something like that, after taxes, that's a full 40 hour week's worth of work. besides who says we are suffereing with SD? I have a component SD tv and it looks great. not HD great, but still looks fine. my only gripe is with some games where the text is so small its almost illegible. not halo though.

but do tell me, how much disposable income do you think we should have per week or month?

It is cheap, I only make $11 a hour, so not much more than you and I can afford it just fine. I still pay rent and bills just like the rest of you. So dont give me that high and mighty bullcrap. Its called saving for a reason you know. If your fine with an SD then cool. Im just sayin that most everything is tailored to HD now, so your doing yourself a disservice by not upgrading to HD when it is so obviously available and affordable.

and your how old? kids? try growing up first and having to suport a family and then tell me 350 is nothing. or even 150. its REAL easy when your just paying for you

also i love how wealthy the gfaqs users are. youd think with all that money they wouldnt be so stupid and childish on here
---
gt darren reefnugs
#28The Fir CoatPosted 11/13/2012 5:10:32 PM
It looks fine on an SDTV, the only issue is on three floor levels where you can't tell if an enemy is under or above you since they made all of the radar blips the same color for some dumb reason.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#29COG_KillaPosted 11/13/2012 5:11:47 PM
I could buy a bigger tv, but my 19" emerson is absolutely fine.
---
Not changing my sig until I become (in)famous on RI -Started on 1/2/12
#30dannyaqPosted 11/13/2012 5:15:53 PM
_Cyberpunk posted...
dannyaq posted...
_Cyberpunk posted...

What are you talking about? There is no line. You get a voucher to buy if they run out of those. I won't even address you having no money because... well, yeah.

But its technically not black Friday so there is no long lines. Obviously if you want one, now is the time. F*** me for giving you good information.

i've done the black friday thing before and i've never heard of them giving rain checks on black friday deals. and no i'm not complaining about your information, i'm complaining about your attitude like we need an HD tv. like there arn't plenty of excuses such as paying bills, taking care of family, etc...

i actually make more than $10 per hour i just chose a nice round number. but i'm not trying to get all high and mighty, i'm just saying people have different financial situations. people live in different areas with different costs of living. people have different obligations. You are the one getting all high and mighty telling people how they can best spend their money. if you are cool with others having an SD tv, why do you say others are doing themselves a disservice and are trying to convince people they should find a way to afford one? nobody using a SD tv who posted even complained or whined about the game lookig like crap on a SD tv. So what do you care if we don't?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't