Obvious changes that need to happen, but never will

#11iRGushPosted 11/13/2012 4:03:08 PM
The first 3 definitely need to be done and the last one, since they affect majority of the playlists as apposed to just btb.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
iRGush
#12ox0shadow0xoPosted 11/13/2012 4:05:05 PM
-Although I agree with the first point, that might make matchmaking slower if it only looks for other full parties.

-Join in progress was long overdue for the series and just needs some tweaks rather than being removed completely. Make it so people can no longer join the match after a certain amount of time is left on the timer or if a certain score threshold is reached by a team. Like if a team is 100 points away from winning on a 500 point game, then it will no longer throw people into it.

-Can't say much about the boltshot as I never used it and I've only been killed by it 2 or 3 times in a week of matchmaking.

-The mantis doesn't need to be nerfed, it's so easy to take it down as is if you know how.

-Unnecessary change IMO. Small vehicles already die fairly quickly and if you manage to stick one it would either kill the driver or hit their shield hard anyway.

-Balance wise that makes sense, I doubt they'll implement that one though.

-Agreed the splatters are inconsistent lol

- I don't even understand why they allowed this. If people leave in the lobby it should just readjust the teams instead of starting the match as 1 vs 5, when it could easily be changed to 3 vs 3.
---
360 games completed 100% retail: Armored Core 4, FF13, FF13-2, Force Unleashed 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, The Last Remnant, SSX.
#13RyanZeroPosted 11/13/2012 4:06:03 PM
Strongly disagree with Mantis needing to be nerfed. If 3+ people shoot at it, it goes down really easy.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: RyanZero PSN: RyanHero
Rage: HeroRyanZero Thanks RyanZero!
#14SterlingFoxPosted 11/13/2012 4:11:39 PM
Some of those things are valid complaints, like they definitely should have autobalance for teams before a match starts. It should never be 3 vs 1 during the countdown timer.
But I can honestly say I'm glad most of these things will never happen, because most of the first post is bull**** whining.

Waaaah! Remove join in progress because no reason!
Waaaah! Nerf the mantis because a warthog can beat it in battle!
Waaaah! Make plasma grenades more powerful because they aren't better then every other grenade yet!

Those aren't valid complaints, what those are is "I dislike this, therefore it should be changed."
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#15iTz_SLammiPosted 11/13/2012 4:18:15 PM
I pretty much agree with all the matchmaking stuff.

Don't know how hard it is to code

If (teams even)
start game

... =/
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Xbox Live: XtremeXtremist --- Steam: iTz_SLammi
#16mattislegion(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:22:48 PM(edited)
lol @ at the Mantis love. It's a vehicle. With a shield. It doesn't die in one Laser shot, so if you Laser it, it can just go hide behind something till the shield recharges and then basically be at full health again. I shot a Mantis 4 times with a Laser earlier today before it finally died. It's susceptible to being EMP'ed if you can get close enough to do it or somehow sneak up on it. If the Mantis pilot is smart it's basically impossible to do. Plus the fact that if the enemy team is paying attention at all they can murder you while you focus on it. Focusing it down with rifle fire takes forever, not to mention the fact that IT HAS A SHIELD. If you damage it and it walks behind a rock it's at full HP again.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#17xoAxeloxPosted 11/13/2012 4:25:18 PM
- join in progress is fine for social gametypes
- the boltshot itself is fine, just make it not a starting weapon. if not, nerf it.
- mantis doesnt need nerf. plasma pistol > mantis
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#18hypermoePosted 11/13/2012 4:25:23 PM
They need to add 64 vs 64 online this is a war we are battling in, i want 64 vs 64 team matches!
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#19SterlingFoxPosted 11/13/2012 4:31:25 PM
mattislegion posted...
lol @ at the Mantis love. It's a vehicle. With a shield. It doesn't die in one Laser shot, so if you Laser it, it can just go hide behind something till the shield recharges and then basically be at full health again. I shot a Mantis 4 times with a Laser earlier today before it finally died. It's susceptible to being EMP'ed if you can get close enough to do it or somehow sneak up on it. If the Mantis pilot is smart it's basically impossible to do. Plus the fact that if the enemy team is paying attention at all they can murder you while you focus on it. Focusing it down with rifle fire takes forever, not to mention the fact that IT HAS A SHIELD. If you damage it and it walks behind a rock it's at full HP again.

A hit with a spartan laser shot takes it down in one hit. You must have just missed 3 times. A plasma pistol stuns it extremely long and takes down its shields completely, leaving it vulnerable to basically everything.

And the shield takes 30 seconds to recharge all the way. You can't just hide briefly behind a rock and be at full health.

Your complaints about the Mantis are just from not having dealt with it and/or piloted it enough. You get the hang of taking them down after 3 or 4 times.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#20fineline122Posted 11/13/2012 4:45:01 PM
-ban stupid posters who complain about things that are not even bad.