Disc unreadable

#1GothicRenegadePosted 11/13/2012 2:59:01 PM
I got the disc unreadble problem and contacted xbox support.. They tell me it's the game not my hardware and to fix this i must delete all Halo files of all Halo games, delete my gamertag, then clear the system cache 3 or 4 times. Then reboot and recover my gamertag and from this point Halo 4 should play fine.. . . I told them no! So they gave me 3 months of free xbox live and said their sorry...... Please tell me someone here has a better solution for this problem than xbox support?
#2Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 11/13/2012 3:01:35 PM
You could return the disc and say it's unreadable.
---
Kevin sent me.XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#3GothicRenegade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:07:13 PM(edited)
i did return it for a new copy, it's not disc. From what I read at xbox.com and got told from support it's some kind of compatabilty issue between the games and a lot of other people are having this problem.
#4deakMattaPosted 11/13/2012 3:15:53 PM
I also am having numerous disc read errors. Before I proceed, no my xbox isn't messed up, it plays any and all other games without a single issue.

First off, disc 1 won't install. I can play the campaign....sometimes....I've had it crash at the end of the first mission several times, and just sends me back to the title screen. I tried numerous times, and finally it let me get past the first mission, then about another 6-7 missions later it happened again.

In addition to that, I am also getting the disc unreadable issue a lot too.

On multiplayer, on some games it either freezes and crashes, or just crashes and sends me back to the title screen.

Researching this online, this appears to be a very widespread problem and a ton of people are experiencing disc read errors.

And xbox wants us to clear cache, make sure our xbox's aren't broken, etc.

This is too widespread a problem for it to be locally on anyone's xbox.

This game is awesome, and very well done to attest to the Halo Franchise, but there is seriously an issue with 343 sending out a large number of faulty discs and they need to admit it.
#5reseacher2000Posted 11/13/2012 3:21:47 PM
Delete disc 2 from your HDD which is spartan ops and war games. Next install disc one and then disc 2 . I had a similar problem
---
GT:gansterchief
#6Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 11/13/2012 3:22:54 PM
deakMatta posted...
I also am having numerous disc read errors. Before I proceed, no my xbox isn't messed up, it plays any and all other games without a single issue.

First off, disc 1 won't install. I can play the campaign....sometimes....I've had it crash at the end of the first mission several times, and just sends me back to the title screen. I tried numerous times, and finally it let me get past the first mission, then about another 6-7 missions later it happened again.

In addition to that, I am also getting the disc unreadable issue a lot too.

On multiplayer, on some games it either freezes and crashes, or just crashes and sends me back to the title screen.

Researching this online, this appears to be a very widespread problem and a ton of people are experiencing disc read errors.

And xbox wants us to clear cache, make sure our xbox's aren't broken, etc.

This is too widespread a problem for it to be locally on anyone's xbox.

This game is awesome, and very well done to attest to the Halo Franchise, but there is seriously an issue with 343 sending out a large number of faulty discs and they need to admit it.

I think it's what the other guy said.That it's a compatibility issue.Now that I think about it, I am playing on my newer Xbox, which doesn't have any of my saves from the other games(except Reach), and my friend (who is also having issues) is playing on an Xbox that has saves from the other games.
---
Kevin sent me.XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#7GothicRenegade(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:52:50 PM
reseacher2000 posted...
Delete disc 2 from your HDD which is spartan ops and war games. Next install disc one and then disc 2 . I had a similar problem

I've deleted spartan ops and war games but it still wont let me install disc one. So I cleared the cache, rebooted, and tried again. Still nothing. However it did let me run disc 1 up and to the point i had to download disc 2.... Then after that I went back to having the disc read error on disc 1. However it does let me start the game sometimes from the disc...... Then boots me later.
#8JJroootPosted 11/13/2012 3:54:32 PM
Hrmmm so to get 3 free months of xbox live... all i need to do is call and say Halo 4 will not read.

This is fantastic!!!
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
#9ultramaddnezz80Posted 11/13/2012 3:55:48 PM
Which 360 do you have? Original or slim?
---
xbox360 gt: Ultra Maddnezz / PSN: NB-2000
#10reseacher2000Posted 11/13/2012 3:58:37 PM
GothicRenegade posted...
reseacher2000 posted...

I've deleted spartan ops and war games but it still wont let me install disc one. So I cleared the cache, rebooted, and tried again. Still nothing. However it did let me run disc 1 up and to the point i had to download disc 2.... Then after that I went back to having the disc read error on disc 1. However it does let me start the game sometimes from the disc...... Then boots me later.

What percentage does it download to?
---
GT:gansterchief