Why Big Team Slayer is awesome...

#1RethalwolfPosted 11/13/2012 4:21:01 PM
I've never been one for BTB, honestly. The big teams makes my game lag hardcore, and that's something I can't stand dealing with.
HOWEVER, I've found that BTS in this game is probably one of my favorite playlists, and here's why:
1.) The maps: They'd work for 4v4 or 5v5, but instead they made 'em 8v8. Not a big deal but the maps they chose are definitely my favorite in the game, whereas Infinity Slayer has pretty much my least favorite. This reason is, I hope, only temporary. Put better maps in IS and problem solved.

2.) The lag: Sure, it's increased in BTS, but honestly it's not noticeable considering how IMMENSELY laggy every playlist is. IS included. Such a shame. So, in H4, the lag in here doesn't even matter anymore. Of course if this is fixed in other gametypes then I worry, for I will barely be able to justify why I like this one so much anymore.

3.) The players: Never hurts to play with a group that both makes you feel really good about your skill level, compared both to your own teammates and theirs. This one's always been there though.

4.) The vehicles: Now I know this one is really heavily debated, but even if you don't like vehicles, you have to admit they've been part of Halo since the start. That's actual fact. So having them is great, especially when they're so easy to take care of with...

5.) The weapons: Never again do you have to worry that you won't be able to use your favorite weapon(s) on a map (I'm looking at you, Haven...); the BTB maps allow you to use ALL of them! I mean, sure, you might not get there before your teammate and you may not get the ordnance that would allow you to have them, but just knowing that the option is there for you to get your favorite weapon makes it all worthwhile.

6.) The JIP: HEAVILY debated, obviously. I absolutely hate not having any input into the map chosen (see above reasons), so I'm not a fan of joining into a game in progress ON ACCIDENT. That said, I don't mind when people quit out anymore knowing that the game will likely fill their spots. Plus, with how often people quit out of BTB, the likelihood of playing an 8v8 game appears to be lower than having only four or five players on at least one of the teams anyway. So you get what you wanted in the first place!

7.) The slayer: Now this one is probably very specific to me, but I prefer Slayer gametypes above all else. I'm not really big on non-custom objective games, especially with the new settings (and now barely even customs with all the new limitations [and except Dominion, SO GOOD; hoping to be able to do some great stuff with it and its stuff in the future]), so knowing I'm going to get what I go in for is really nice.

In all I know many will disagree but the point is, if we can take all the aspects we like (for me, the maps, weapons, etc) and put them together, we'd actually have playlists we'd WANT to be in. So if we start advocating for it, maybe it'll happen!

Oh and I want to see forged maps in playlists (or a forge and/or custom finding playlist) and regular weapon drops. The lag makes the ordnance screw up for me half the time, either not displaying a picture/name (for initial/random) or displaying it still after getting picked up (for personal) for another ten minutes. Srsly.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#2Rethalwolf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:05:45 PM
I do want feedback if you have it, though.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#3builder111Posted 11/13/2012 8:13:19 PM
I've barely scratched the surface with this game and have been playing mostly Infinity Slayer (to hone my skills) and Flood (oh so fun!).

But yeah there's nothing like large maps with tons of people everywhere, vehicles exploding and just plain havoc. It's what I loved about BF3.

I actually like most if not all the maps there just needs to be more of them, which there will eventually...yeah and speed up the matchmaking progress!

I haven't noticed much lag while actually in a match though and I don't have the best connection.
#4FormosityPosted 11/13/2012 8:16:03 PM
My Halo 4 doesn't lag at all. Not even a little bit. It's not that I don't notice it...it's that it doesn't happen....least not yet anyways. I have good internet.

Err or it would be amazing if I lagged and couldn't even tell, either way I love it!
---
Proud member of da RS!
GT: Ferrmosity
#5xxBloodBathxxPosted 11/13/2012 8:37:49 PM
Big team = noncompetitive.
4v4 = competitive.

This pretty much sums it up.
---
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain
#6HighOnPhazonPosted 11/13/2012 9:45:27 PM
I like BTB too, I feel like it's the most fun of them all...it's just pure chaos and fun. Vehicles, dudes getting blown up and flying all over the place, Banshee's flying around, tanks, people shooting at eachother...it's ordered chaos. I love the maps too.

Team Slayer is way too competitive and I don't really like small maps.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#7GeneralKenobi85Posted 11/13/2012 10:25:05 PM
I disagree completely. They ruined BTB in this game. No objective gametypes anymore and the fact that every other level picked is Ragnarok really kill the fun.

I loved BTB in the past Halos, but what I got with this one is disappointing.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#8TheRiddler343Posted 11/13/2012 10:28:42 PM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
I disagree completely. They ruined BTB in this game. No objective gametypes anymore and the fact that every other level picked is Ragnarok really kill the fun.

That, and the DMR abuse.

All I want for 343 to do is bring back Invasion and Rocket Warthog Races. Is that too much to ask for?
---
GT: Multimonster343
Steam: The Riddler
#9puppyPosted 11/13/2012 10:28:48 PM
Exile is great, Valhalla remake is tense, the Rocket Warthog map is killer, and the ice level is perfect for Warthog action. The BTB maps are incredibly fun...all I need now is some objective spice thrown into the mix.
---
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!
#10GeneralKenobi85Posted 11/13/2012 10:31:28 PM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...

That, and the DMR abuse.

All I want for 343 to do is bring back Invasion and Rocket Warthog Races. Is that too much to ask for?

I imagine Rocket Hog Race will be back. It better be at least. As for Invasion, I doubt we'll be seeing that again unfortunately. It's a shame, because that was really fun back in Reach.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>