Who here is/was Military or EMS (fire, police, etc)

#1DarkstaPosted 11/13/2012 8:44:36 PM
Just curious how many people playing Halo are members of an organization that serves their country.

Veterans Day (for the US) is already past, but my hats off to you all who do serve or have served as Military, Police, Fire Fighters, or any service. I'm a Police Officer and I've met a few other Officers and members of the Military playing Halo. It's pretty cool, some of the folks you meet. :)
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#2MikDaTvPosted 11/13/2012 8:45:41 PM
*signs*
---
BONESAW IS READY!!!!! to join the Downing 213 Gaming Clan
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Downing_213/index/
#3Booty_CallPosted 11/13/2012 8:47:31 PM
'Rah. USMC here, saluting anyone else in any service.
---
There is no such thing as a death that's your fault.
#4GGearXPosted 11/13/2012 8:48:00 PM
*wish I could sign. *

I am joining the manatees soon. But hats off to my bros.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\) mewmew!
Sorry about the typos, I'm in my Gundam!
#5allan247Posted 11/13/2012 8:48:07 PM
just got done with my 4 years in the Marines last month, looking forward to being home for christmas this year, was in afghanistan the last 2 years in a row
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=268449&l=eddcae9469&id=1695502398
#6Darksta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:52:16 PM
I'm in Alaska and was lucky enough to be one of the Officers at our military redeployment ceremony just a few weeks ago (I was there for crowd and traffic control). It was great seeing so many brave men and woman in uniform, though I am sad that they have to be gone for the Holidays. We all saluted each other as they left though. It was very hear warming.
---
I'm a Christian. I play Diablo 3 and one of my favorite video game characters is the Lich King from Warcraft. Deal with it.
#7BalisticWarri0rPosted 11/13/2012 8:52:58 PM
Army. Going on 6 years.
#8rainedownPosted 11/13/2012 8:59:28 PM
Just gotta say, nice to see a topic like this, and I appreciate everyone's service here. My father served 22 years, then when he retired he commanded the local VFW for 5 years. I didn't join myself, but I've volunteered at the VFW all I could and am a member of the Auxiliary. I've met many great people there, and I know they like to know that the people around them appreciate what they've been through (whether they care to admit it or not lol).
#9Darksta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:55:22 PM
At the end of the Day we are all human beings. Even those who don't serve should know that they are appreciated for simply being around.

I made this topic in part because of Veterans Day, but also because I was watching the forward unto dawn series. Was reading some comments in the other threads about people saying that the way the recruits acted were stupid, silly, etc. While they are acting and it is all make believe, it is truly a scary thing to be in a real fight for your life. I've delt with a lot of folk who don't wish to go back to jail. I've had guns and knives pulled on me and sometimes dealt with these folks alone. The adrenaline is there everytime and i always have to wonder when going into a situation if that morning was the last time I would get to see my family.

Halo and other FPS are fun, but i still always like to take a time out to be thankful for those who deal put their lives on the line to keep others safe. While everyone has someone they want to protect, doing so in manners such as this is not for everyone. It's good to show support to those who do.
---
#10AurawhispererPosted 11/13/2012 9:58:30 PM
Volunteer posse here.
Was suppose to be in the Army , but got declined due to medical history