This week's update kind of made me lose faith in 343.

#121King_of_AcadiaPosted 11/14/2012 3:02:57 PM
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...
Goes to show how impatient gamers are.

---
A cup, showing how much I care about your whining ----> \_/
Hint: It's empty
#122RMPCobraPosted 11/14/2012 3:03:13 PM
That1Guyy posted...
It's not so much impatience as it is expecting the same service I got with previous purchases.

this
#123DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 3:03:23 PM
And to make it even clearer, I'm not saying they shouldn't add those gametypes: I'd enjoy several of them. What I'm saying is I think I understand why the playlist selection is somewhat limited, and his expectations to how quickly all of those playlists should be added and his reaction to them not being added is what is unreasonable.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg
#124DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 3:08:24 PM(edited)
I don't see why this would be an issue preventing 343 from having Snipes, Doubles, or BtB objective.

Snipes I think is niche enough that I can understand why it isn't a priority. Doubles I can understand to an extend, as it is unique in comparison to other game modes in terms of number of players. Probably still should have been included. BtB objective should have been included. That being said, I can still understand why it's simplistic right now. Not that I don't want them added.

And was a reasonably popular one in Reach.

Really? That's a legitimate question. I don't recall all that much activity in snipers.
---
#125lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 3:10:06 PM
Really? That's a legitimate question. I don't recall all that much activity in snipers.

It wasn't on BtB, Infection, or TS levels, but compared to many of the playlists, yes.
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
#126That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:10:21 PM
starlin17 posted...

I'm fine with that course of action, but for more experimental playlists. They already have plenty of user metrics from Halo 3 and Reach on how many people play things like Griffball or Doubles. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel trying to figure out what the community wants.

And lol at saying that Spartan Ops is reason enough to not have wanted more with the weekly update. All they did was take five campaign levels, add new spawn points, and then record 50 or so lines of dialogue. Spartan Ops has the potential to be something cool, but right now it isn't special at all.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#127DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 3:18:00 PM
It wasn't on BtB, Infection, or TS levels, but compared to many of the playlists, yes.

Really weird. Never noticed that before.
---
#128That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:18:46 PM
DeadKane posted...
But all of this ultimately comes back to my issues with his reaction, which is giving up on a company that produced a pretty excellent game (it's first game as a distinct entity) because they haven't added the playlists he wanted a week after release. Wanting the gametypes in is one thing. Giving up on the company because they are not in a week after launch is something completely different. That is what is unreasonable.

I haven't entirely given up on 343, but I've certainly dashed any hopes I had. I didn't like how they handled Reach after Bungie gave them the reins, and I can't say I'm a fan of the direction Halo 4 is going with regard to the Call of Duty-eqsue features. I my biggest draw to Halo 4's multiplayer was their assurance that there will still be classic playlists where I can enjoy the core of Halo gameplay without all these "modern" and "hip" features.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#129DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 3:21:28 PM
I haven't entirely given up on 343, but I've certainly dashed any hopes I had. I didn't like how they handled Reach after Bungie gave them the reins, and I can't say I'm a fan of the direction Halo 4 is going with regard to the Call of Duty-eqsue features. I my biggest draw to Halo 4's multiplayer was their assurance that there will still be classic playlists where I can enjoy the core of Halo gameplay without all these "modern" and "hip" features.

But again man, it has been one week since this game's release. I think there is still plenty of reason still left to have hope, especially given how long this game will likely be around for.
---
#130ut2k3Posted 11/14/2012 4:28:44 PM
While I understand that you want the things you have had in the past, you gotta see it from their side. Things like dominion and flood and regicide, things they put time on, need a populace to survive, let alone thrive. If the body is split between 8 other playlists it really retards the process. Also, do remember Bungie had griffball as a weekend only playlist for the longest time. That goes for SWAT and Snipes too IIRC. And every weekend the hoppers were overflowing with people, there was hype for a playlist built into it's temporal scarcity. It made the game better knowing you only got it every now and then, kept it special. If that's the goal on 343's end I get it. You can argue either way, but neither sides right in the end and the cards are all in their hands, complaining about it won't change anything.
---
"See what happen is your friend was trolling you and now you are trolling us coming here with this nonsense."PatrickEwing33