This week's update kind of made me lose faith in 343.

#21MetaIGearRexPosted 11/13/2012 10:30:58 PM(edited)
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
Goes to show how impatient gamers are.

We should start a Metal Gear clan on Halo where we are experts at stealth and the Mantis. We'll call it Foxhound and will name ourselves in a similar manner, a personal prefix and an animal.

Lol, I pretty much exclusively use Camo and the only vehicle I get in is the Mantis. My GT is my Gamefaqs name. So in my games the Mantis is called MetaIGearRex.

Oh and my emblem is the howling wolf colored orange, because Foxhound.
#22OldDirtyCRPosted 11/13/2012 10:31:08 PM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
It was the week of release. We are lucky we got anything.

Not really.

Sahoash posted...
Dude, the game isn't even a week old. Give them some time.

Give them some time to do something that I am literally capable of coding myself in under an hour?

Omg I took programming 101 classez.

When's the last time you were programming something that had millions of active users and a hastily cobbled patch could mean tens of thousands of dollars lost?

The stakes are higher than anything you've ever done. Downtime is not an option and introducing bugs in order to get a couple gamemodes out a week or two early is idiotic. It's not just a matter of changing parameters. It still has to be tested. Even the simplest change can break countless other things, as any experienced programmer will tell you.

If you had any real world experience programming you would not be making these complaints as you would realize the bureaucracy behind it.

PS, I'm not defending the lack of these game modes at launch. Some of them should have been in there already.
#23That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:28:24 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
Then why don't you take that 60 minutes, and instead of whining on a message board, write the code up and send it to them and ask for a thank you?

That would accomplish even less than what I'm doing right now.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#240NotoriousLynx0Posted 11/13/2012 10:29:58 PM
That1Guyy posted...
PesticideDream posted...
No, it's impatience.

If you say so, but my point still stands. This Halo shipped with less multiplayer content than the last two main entries in the series.

I've tried new things every day since release. Only played a couple matches of SWAT. Try finding some players to do custom games. There's three maps and two gametypes not even in matchmaking right now because 343 wants to spread out the content, which, in my opinion, is a good idea. It adds great replayability. Today, I decided to only do custom matches and it was amazing. 4v4 on some new forge maps, like the remake of the Unreal tournament map, Facing Worlds, and a remake of the Pit. Try out the challenges, try spec ops, we got a new episode like today or something, try out forge. Make a new gametype. I focused on forging and making custom gametypes yesterday and I had a blast.
#25NoxatroxPosted 11/13/2012 10:31:18 PM
That1Guyy posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
Then why don't you take that 60 minutes, and instead of whining on a message board, write the code up and send it to them and ask for a thank you?

What exactly are you doing right now?

Want someone to call the waaaaaarthog?

http://www.fpsdaily.com/screenshots/4/wa052361th.jpg
---
Xbox Live Gamertag- Coneman50
#260NotoriousLynx0Posted 11/13/2012 10:31:22 PM
MetaIGearRex posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
Goes to show how impatient gamers are.

We should start a Metal Gear clan on Halo where we are experts at stealth and the Mantis. We'll call it Foxhound and will name ourselves in a similar manner, a personal prefix and an animal.

Lol, I pretty much exclusively use Camo and the only vehicle I get in is the Mantis. My GT is my Gamefaqs name. So in my games the Mantis is called MetaIGearRex.

Damn. I'll add you. And then we can talk about how awesome Otacon and Snake's relation is and how hype we are for Rising and Ground Zeroes.
#27SolidStryderPosted 11/13/2012 10:31:47 PM
Elprede007 posted...
PesticideDream posted...
No, it's impatience.

NO IT IS JUST EXPECTING TO GET WHAT YOU GOT BEFORE. LEARN TO READ, OR GET GLASSES, CONTACTS, LASICS, OR ANY EYE SUPPORTING THING.

My god, I can hear the sound of sand pouring from your vajayjay over the Internet!
#28Superjudge4000Posted 11/13/2012 10:33:31 PM
That1Guyy posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...

But what you are doing is crying like a girl. The afore mentioned sugestion would actually be constructive.
---
Currently playing: Torchlight 2.
#29That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:33:41 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Omg I took programming 101 classez.

When's the last time you were programming something that had millions of active users and a hastily cobbled patch could mean tens of thousands of dollars lost?

The stakes are higher than anything you've ever done. Downtime is not an option and introducing bugs in order to get a couple gamemodes out a week or two early is idiotic. It's not just a matter of changing parameters. It still has to be tested. Even the simplest change can break countless other things, as any experienced programmer will tell you.

I wasn't aware changing a variable to search for 4 people instead of 8 was more than just changing parameters. You're right. Changing code can introduce bugs, but this isn't something complex enough to require dozens of man hours to work on. And as any experienced programmer will tell you, code should be compartmentalized whenever possible so that "countless" bugs don't happen at all.
---
#30That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:35:45 PM
Noxatrox posted...
What exactly are you doing right now?

Expressing my dissatisfaction to a public forum to see other people's opinions. I find it disappointing that some of you seem to quick to defend 343 for no reason.
---