This week's update kind of made me lose faith in 343.

#71codemeisterx70Posted 11/14/2012 10:51:50 AM
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...
MetaIGearRex posted...
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...
Goes to show how impatient gamers are.

We should start a Metal Gear clan on Halo where we are experts at stealth and the Mantis. We'll call it Foxhound and will name ourselves in a similar manner, a personal prefix and an animal.

Please somebody for the love of all things awesome make this a custom game and post it here when it is finished
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - todd ingram
#72DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:00:19 AM
Losing faith after one week because they didn't add as many playlists as you wanted despite the game being excellent?

Seems completely reasonable.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg
#73That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:03:38 AM(edited)
Lionheart Master posted...
false

Both 3 and Reach had longer campaigns.
They both had more playlists when the game came out.
They both had more custom game settings.
3 had better maps.
Reach had a better forge and it had firefight.

Oh, and while 4 is graphically superior, neither 3 nor Reach sacrificed gameplay for graphics. Split screen co-op is incredibly annoying in 4 on the larger levels, because enemies remain invisible until you get close to them.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#74That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:02:02 AM
DeadKane posted...
Losing faith after one week because they didn't add as many playlists as you wanted despite the game being excellent?

Seems completely reasonable.

I only think it's average, right now. It has the potential to be excellent, but I'm not seeing it yet.
---
#75DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:03:20 AM
I only think it's average, right now. It has the potential to be excellent, but I'm not seeing it yet.

The gameplay isn't going to change as a result of them adding more playlists. Most people seem to think the gameplay is excellent.
---
#76That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:07:24 AM
DeadKane posted...
The gameplay isn't going to change as a result of them adding more playlists. Most people seem to think the gameplay is excellent.

I like Slayer Pro. I want to see more gametypes where there aren't loadouts or ordnance. That is my biggest issue with the online environment right now. Which can be changed by adding more playlists. One of the developers mentioned in a gameplay commentary that they were considering adding Objective pro, or FFA pro. And I want action sack back.

I also want the same number of custom game settings as we had in Reach. Where are the neutral objective gametypes? Where are the custom infection gametypes that rely on more than just the infected having swords? Etc.

And Forge is weak in this game. They removed precision adjustments for a magnet system that only partially works.
---
#77SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 11/14/2012 11:08:43 AM
That1Guyy posted...
It's not so much impatience as it is expecting the same service I got with previous purchases.

Oh shut the hell up, there is more than enough content here, you can wait a few weeks
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#78DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:10:07 AM
I like Slayer Pro. I want to see more gametypes where there aren't loadouts or ordnance. That is my biggest issue with the online environment right now. Which can be changed by adding more playlists. One of the developers mentioned in a gameplay commentary that they were considering adding Objective pro, or FFA pro. And I want action sack back.

So like I said, adding more playlists won't actually change the gameplay. You'll just have more options for "pro" style gameplay. The idea of losing faith in 343 because they haven't addressed what you want in the game after a week is pretty silly.
---
#79That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:11:57 AM
DeadKane posted...
So like I said, adding more playlists won't actually change the gameplay. You'll just have more options for "pro" style gameplay. The idea of losing faith in 343 because they haven't addressed what you want in the game after a week is pretty silly.

But not when you consider we know what their track record looks like. They shafted competitive players in Reach.
---
#80JinnaiHimuraPosted 11/14/2012 11:14:11 AM
The real problem here is the gaming industry puts out incomplete games now.
---
"Behold the glory of Saikyo!"