This week's update kind of made me lose faith in 343.

#81MetaIGearRexPosted 11/14/2012 11:15:04 AM
That1Guyy posted...
DeadKane posted...
So like I said, adding more playlists won't actually change the gameplay. You'll just have more options for "pro" style gameplay. The idea of losing faith in 343 because they haven't addressed what you want in the game after a week is pretty silly.

But not when you consider we know what their track record looks like. They shafted competitive players in Reach.

No, they gave us super slayer which was better than regular slayer and they gave us anniversary which was the best playlist ever.
#82DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:15:53 AM(edited)
But not when you consider we know what their track record looks like. They shafted competitive players in Reach.

And I repeat,

The idea of losing faith in 343 because they haven't addressed what you want in the game after a week is pretty silly.

The fact that they haven't addressed what you wanted a week after release is an absolutely absurd reason to lose faith in them, especially when they have discussed bringing in other pro style playlists and have stated that they will be bringing in a visible skill ranking system. This game is going to be around for a while, the fact that they haven't met all of your demands after one week is a terrible reason to lose faith in them. You need to adjust your expectations to be in line with reality.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg
#83lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 11:15:50 AM
They shafted competitive players in Reach.

They gave us ZB...
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie
#84ARsignal11Posted 11/14/2012 11:16:28 AM
That1Guyy posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
here's the reason: outside of grifbal, most of those were dead playlists in Reach. i agree that more playlists = more options = better, but i can see why 343 would rather focus on core modes than introduce a bunch of playlists that relatively few care about.

They were dead in Reach because Reach was dead.

Wrong.
#85JonWon15Posted 11/14/2012 11:16:47 AM
That1Guyy posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
It was the week of release. We are lucky we got anything.

Not really.

Sahoash posted...
Dude, the game isn't even a week old. Give them some time.

Give them some time to do something that I am literally capable of coding myself in under an hour?

I bet you everything ever you cannot code 4+ gametypes into Halo 4 in under an hour.
---
Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast. -DoctorScraps
#86ReploidAXZPosted 11/14/2012 11:17:25 AM
Why in the hell would they add grifball? It's by far the worst mode in any Halo, it renders all kill combo medals redundant.

I remember seeing some guys killonaire but it ment nothing csz he prob' just went into grifball and got it.

"Grifball, making the almost impossible, possible for even the least skilled person in the world."
---
R.I.P RARE.
#87ShockWav3Posted 11/14/2012 11:17:43 AM
They are doing it on purpose, I don't know why people can't see that. Slowly releasing highly popular hoppers as time goes on is a good way to keep people interested.
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#88patkelly929Posted 11/14/2012 11:18:23 AM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
Dude, the game isn't even a week old. Give them some time.

Give them some time to do something that I am literally capable of coding myself in under an hour?

Then why haven't you? Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#89JonWon15Posted 11/14/2012 11:20:03 AM
ShockWav3 posted...
They are doing it on purpose, I don't know why people can't see that. Slowly releasing highly popular hoppers as time goes on is a good way to keep people interested.

This

Marketing Logic =/= Gamer Logic
---
Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast. -DoctorScraps
#90That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:22:05 AM
DeadKane posted...
The fact that they haven't addressed what you wanted a week after release is an absolutely absurd reason to lose faith in them, especially when they have discussed bringing in other pro style playlists and have stated that they will be bringing in a visible skill ranking system. This game is going to be around for a while, the fact that they haven't met all of your demands after one week is a terrible reason to lose faith in them. You need to adjust your expectations to be in line with reality.

I have no doubt some of these will be added with time, but their slowness to act is unsettling.

MetaIGearRex posted...
No, they gave us super slayer which was better than regular slayer and they gave us anniversary which was the best playlist ever.

Or they could have not added super slayer at all and just left us with ZB slayer, instead of making yet another redundant playlist. And then there's the fact that I like to play objective gametypes, too. But not with bloom.

lderivedx posted...
They gave us ZB...

And then they took it away, placing it in super slayer with near a one in ten chance of appearing. Because we totally needed super slayer and team slayer, and squad DLC, and anniversary slayer, and Arena slayer, all of which were nearly the exact same.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.