This week's update kind of made me lose faith in 343.

#91lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 11:23:50 AM
I played ZB quite often.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#92DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:24:52 AM(edited)
I have no doubt some of these will be added with time, but their slowness to act is unsettling.

Again, you need to adjust your expectations. Did they ever claim that they were going to add those playlists in after one week? Expecting these things to be added a week after release was unrealistic. And losing faith in a company that produced a fantastic game because of unrealistic expectations is just immature.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg
#93lderivedxPosted 11/14/2012 11:25:37 AM
Expecting these things to be added a week after release was unrealistic.

Reach had many of the playlists TC is wanting.

I don't see how expecting the same level of service as previously is "unrealistic."
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
#94MetaIGearRexPosted 11/14/2012 11:27:16 AM
That1Guyy posted...
DeadKane posted...
The fact that they haven't addressed what you wanted a week after release is an absolutely absurd reason to lose faith in them, especially when they have discussed bringing in other pro style playlists and have stated that they will be bringing in a visible skill ranking system. This game is going to be around for a while, the fact that they haven't met all of your demands after one week is a terrible reason to lose faith in them. You need to adjust your expectations to be in line with reality.

I have no doubt some of these will be added with time, but their slowness to act is unsettling.

MetaIGearRex posted...
No, they gave us super slayer which was better than regular slayer and they gave us anniversary which was the best playlist ever.

Or they could have not added super slayer at all and just left us with ZB slayer, instead of making yet another redundant playlist. And then there's the fact that I like to play objective gametypes, too. But not with bloom.

lderivedx posted...
They gave us ZB...

And then they took it away, placing it in super slayer with near a one in ten chance of appearing. Because we totally needed super slayer and team slayer, and squad DLC, and anniversary slayer, and Arena slayer, all of which were nearly the exact same.

Still better than what Bungie gave us.
#95DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:30:01 AM(edited)
Reach had many of the playlists TC is wanting.

I don't see how expecting the same level of service as previously is "unrealistic."

First of all, Reach and Halo 4 are very different games. The Halo 4 team put a lot of time and effort into the loadout/AA system. So expecting them to launch the game with several playlists that exclude it is indeed somewhat unrealistic. But what I am referring to is him expecting all of his demands(/desires/whatever you want to call them) being met after a single week. And comparing what Reach had at the end of it's life cycle to what Halo 4 starts out with isn't exactly fair.
---
#96AurawhispererPosted 11/14/2012 11:32:04 AM
Keep whining and they will update nothing. So shut up TC and if this game already bored you , then go play some Ops 2
#97That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:51:11 AM
DeadKane posted...
Again, you need to adjust your expectations. Did they ever claim that they were going to add those playlists in after one week? Expecting these things to be added a week after release was unrealistic. And losing faith in a company that produced a fantastic game because of unrealistic expectations is just immature.

Almost literally everything I'm asking for is already in the game. They literally have to do zero work other than set up the matchmaking parameters.

MetaIGearRex posted...
Still better than what Bungie gave us.

I'm not a fan of what Bungie did with Reach, but they still released a better matchmaking experience than this.

DeadKane posted...
First of all, Reach and Halo 4 are very different games. The Halo 4 team put a lot of time and effort into the loadout/AA system. So expecting them to launch the game with several playlists that exclude it is indeed somewhat unrealistic. But what I am referring to is him expecting all of his demands(/desires/whatever you want to call them) being met after a single week. And comparing what Reach had at the end of it's life cycle to what Halo 4 starts out with isn't exactly fair.

Reach had more options at the beginning of its lifecycle, too, though. And I get that they want to push their loadout feature set, but that doesn't have to come at the expense of everything else.

Aurawhisperer posted...
Keep whining and they will update nothing. So shut up TC and if this game already bored you , then go play some Ops 2

My posting here isn't going to affect anything they do. And I question why people seem to quick to say "if you don't like Halo, go play Call of Duty." Just because the games are in the same genre does not mean I enjoy both of them.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#98DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:55:31 AM(edited)
Almost literally everything I'm asking for is already in the game. They literally have to do zero work other than set up the matchmaking parameters.

Because they have nothing else to do right now? And as other people have mentioned, it has more to do with them slowly releasing this stuff. Again, did they directly state that they were going to be release the playlists you want within the first week of release? Or even the first month? It benefits them more to release this stuff over time instead of adding in a ton of new playlists a week after launch.

Reach had more options at the beginning of its lifecycle, too, though. And I get that they want to push their loadout feature set, but that doesn't have to come at the expense of everything else.

How many playlists did Reach have on release?
---
#99That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:58:36 AM
DeadKane posted...
Because they have nothing else to do right now? And as other people have mentioned, it has more to do with them slowly releasing this stuff. Again, did they directly state that they were going to be release the playlists you want within the first week of release? Or even the first month? It benefits them more to release this stuff over time instead of adding in a ton of new playlists a week after launch.

And it doesn't bother you that, instead of trying to make the game stand on its own merits, they're trying to draw you in with, "Hey look! 'New' features!"

How many playlists did Reach have on release?

I don't remember exactly (as with the Griffball statement), but I believe it was something like

Team Slayer
Objective
FFA/Rumble Pit
Big Team Battle
Invasion
Team Snipers
SWAT
Infection
Team Doubles
Arena Slayer
Arena Doubles
Mutli-team

And possibly Action Sack, but I don't entirely think so.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#100DeadKanePosted 11/14/2012 12:03:36 PM(edited)
And it doesn't bother you that, instead of trying to make the game stand on its own merits, they're trying to draw you in with, "Hey look! 'New' features!"

What you just described is exactly what your attitude has been though. You're complaining about the current game not providing enough, and saying that you're losing faith because new features are not being provided. What I described is pretty simple logic. It doesn't make any sense to add a ton of new playlists when the game is still so fresh for people.

And once again, I want to know why you expected these playlists to be added in a week after release.

I don't remember exactly (as with the Griffball statement), but I believe it was something like

Team Slayer
Objective
FFA/Rumble Pit
Big Team Battle
Invasion
Team Snipers
SWAT
Infection
Team Doubles
Arena Slayer
Arena Doubles
Mutli-team

And possibly Action Sack, but I don't entirely think so.

I'm fairly certain it wasn't that high, but I can't find any documentation from the initial release. I could be wrong on that.
---