Why dont people talk online?

#11SociopathixPosted 11/14/2012 3:23:26 AM
blablab65 posted...
ox0shadow0xo posted...
You're right a lot of people don't talk, but I don't mind it. The times people do have mics it's normally one of three people. 1) the guy that trash talks before, during and after the match, even if he sucks, 2) the squeaker that sings, makes sound effects, talks to himself about how he just died etc., anything to make noise without pause until the end of the match, or 3) the person who has their mic on and you hear a constant noise from something in their room, be it their music or someone talking in the background to someone else.... Yeah silence is great lol.

i actually enjoy people who talk trash, i find it funny/entertaining. Sometimes more people talking makes the overall experience more enjoyable and like your actually playing against real people.

Me too
---
Currently playing: Me3, NHL13
GT: Sociopathix msg first if your gonna add please
#12thethirdthoughtPosted 11/14/2012 3:24:08 AM
ox0shadow0xo posted...
blablab65 posted...
ox0shadow0xo posted...
You're right a lot of people don't talk, but I don't mind it. The times people do have mics it's normally one of three people. 1) the guy that trash talks before, during and after the match, even if he sucks, 2) the squeaker that sings, makes sound effects, talks to himself about how he just died etc., anything to make noise without pause until the end of the match, or 3) the person who has their mic on and you hear a constant noise from something in their room, be it their music or someone talking in the background to someone else.... Yeah silence is great lol.

i actually enjoy people who talk trash, i find it funny/entertaining. Sometimes more people talking makes the overall experience more enjoyable and like your actually playing against real people.

Some of them are funny I'll give you that. Some of them I just mute since it has nothing to do with me anyway lol.

This, and my voice isn't deep enough, it's too sharp :(
#13builder111Posted 11/14/2012 3:27:31 AM
because it's randoms, that's why you need to team up with people if you want chatter

bf3 had or maybe still has some Mic only servers and they were alot more fun for me because most people used them and worked as a team
#14lron_SpidermanPosted 11/14/2012 3:36:24 AM
It's all because of party chat, I think part chat can be great but ever since they've added it people don't interact as much.

What they need to do is stop people being in party chat during all team based game types, that would fix this issue.
#15Raider0996Posted 11/14/2012 3:47:04 AM
Nezu Chiza posted...
Considering how strict the voice chat restrictions are in terms of banning, people probably just don't want to risk things.

You can actually be banned for anti-social behaviour (which not talking could be considered as). Some people who don't even have microphones have been chat banned.
---
GamerTag: SirEzhno
#16hypermoePosted 11/14/2012 3:49:57 AM
Ive notice this as well, and i am guilty of it. Personally though i just see no reason to talk unless its about strategy or something like that which no one really listens too. other than that what else is there to talk about?
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#17StankymooPosted 11/14/2012 4:01:45 AM
I've only ever used my mic when playing with people I actually know. Outside of that, it's helpful on ctf to strategize.
---
HighOnPhazon on Diablo 3: "The future of video games guys, pay to buy it, play on developers terms, then pay to win!"
#18Nezu ChizaPosted 11/14/2012 4:45:58 AM
I occasionally use the mic. Had to use it tonight at one point in Spartan Ops Ep 2 Chp 1 due to a spawn glitch. Two of us respawned at exactly the same moment back at the start point and got stuck stacked on each other and unable to move from the spot. We tried grenading ourselves and couldn't die that way. Finally had to ask if one of the other two had a hardlight shield and one did. He came over, used it, and we shot it to kill ourselves and spawned on the other guy. Later on one guy ended up getting spawned back at the start AGAIN and got stuck.

It was both annoying and amusing, and we were laughing about it over chat.
---
"I can't believe how childish you are, both in attitude AND breast size!" - Kusanagi to Momiji, _Blue Seed_
#19LonelyGoombaPosted 11/14/2012 4:47:01 AM
cause it's a little awkward when the other person doesn't talk

so.. I have a mic, no one talks to me and I don't wanna start talking if they don't wanna talk,
I only use it for friends or if the other person talks too
#20Protoman_X38Posted 11/14/2012 6:05:40 AM
It's all because of Party Chat, I remember a lot of people using mics back in Halo 3 and it was a lot of fun. Now everyone would rather just stick with their own friends. I never plug in my mic anymore...
---
567i3e7oe7klw5seksw5kjw5ejejetyjkretketkje5ykekeke,le6ulke3klke6ululeul
http://i.minus.com/ibyp8mPjN.gif