Why dont people talk online?

#41DangermanRogersPosted 11/14/2012 7:39:25 AM
specialed1583 posted...
I stick to party chat, mostly because I do tend to rage at times and I don't want to bother randoms with it.

Yea, I do that. It's the only time I emit that quality of self-loathing. Nothing brings out the cutter in me more than having a string of crap matches.

That and video games cheat so I cuss at the 360 to let it know that I know what it's up to.

If I mic up:
1. No one cares what I have to say because
2. My "brilliant" flanking plan will fail to a 5 enemy steamroller because
3. Strangers don't have mics because
4. No one cares what I have to say because
5. My "brilliant" flanking plan will fail to a 5 enemy steamroller because
6. Strangers don't have mics because
7. No one cares what I have to say because
8. My "brilliant" flanking plan will fail to a 5 enemy steamroller because
9. Strangers don't have mics because
#42jjg737Posted 11/14/2012 7:58:40 AM
Well no one talking is better then 12 year olds talking non stop.
#43tranceaddict19Posted 11/14/2012 8:00:40 AM
blablab65 posted...
Not sure if there are more people that use their mics in other game modes, but usually in infinity slayer(not big team), theres only one person with a mic. whats up with that?

Theres really no need for communicating in halo
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#44kollie89Posted 11/14/2012 8:08:32 AM
GGearX posted...
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
Since we're on this subject, I have a question. I know the indicator for someone having their mic plugged in is the normal looking icon, but what is the little chat bubble that some people have? Does that mean they're in a party?

Yep! Your right! It also means that I love you!

STRANGER DANGER.

Favorite foods : chicken nuggets, and pizza
Hairstyle: anime
Brown eyes
Long brown hair (makes ladies go crazy)
Body type : built. But not too buff :P

I'm not a stranger anymore am I? <3

I know the exact kind of person you are......and you should have left yourself as a stranger....
#45kollie89Posted 11/14/2012 8:09:30 AM
gutter_trash posted...
I was playing with th headset disconnected and 12 year old were yammering.

My GF told me that I could play as long as those annoying brat voices didn't come out of the speakers.

I slapped on my headset and she could still hear them coming out of the head set hahaha

so I muted everyone in options

there is nothing more grating than the voice of a pre-teen who still sounds like a brat.

2nd of all, too many people have a mid-west or southern accent, find them too hillbilly-ish to listen too

next time tell that hoe to stay in the kitchen so she wont hear the little kids.....guys these days taking lip from said girlfriends....
#46HELZEROPosted 11/14/2012 8:16:19 AM
Nezu Chiza posted...
Considering how strict the voice chat restrictions are in terms of banning, people probably just don't want to risk things.
#47tarzanmxPosted 11/14/2012 8:17:37 AM
There's just no real point to it, I guess.
People rarely talk and those who do have nothing interesting/smart to say or just sing/ insult everyone. What's the point of joining their conversations?
#48SeikenZPosted 11/14/2012 8:18:18 AM
I never talk, I find that when I don't talk n stuff I just play better :)
#49Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 11/14/2012 8:27:31 AM
gutter_trash posted...
I was playing with th headset disconnected and 12 year old were yammering.

My GF told me that I could play as long as those annoying brat voices didn't come out of the speakers.

I slapped on my headset and she could still hear them coming out of the head set hahaha

so I muted everyone in options

there is nothing more grating than the voice of a pre-teen who still sounds like a brat.

2nd of all, too many people have a mid-west or southern accent, find them too hillbilly-ish to listen too

You can always just start a party with just yourself in it and set it to party chat. That's what I do when I don't want to use my headset. It's a hell of a lot easier than having to mute everybody in the options.

But yeah.. I don't like talking to randoms either. The only time I really like to use my headset is when I'm in a party with my friends.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#50Odd_personPosted 11/14/2012 8:31:07 AM
mics are for noobs
---
Stupid is when you spend 18 hours trying to drown a fish.