Why dont people talk online?

#51BurnsDepartmentPosted 11/14/2012 8:43:47 AM
kollie89 posted...
gutter_trash posted...
I was playing with th headset disconnected and 12 year old were yammering.

My GF told me that I could play as long as those annoying brat voices didn't come out of the speakers.

I slapped on my headset and she could still hear them coming out of the head set hahaha

so I muted everyone in options

there is nothing more grating than the voice of a pre-teen who still sounds like a brat.

2nd of all, too many people have a mid-west or southern accent, find them too hillbilly-ish to listen too

next time tell that hoe to stay in the kitchen so she wont hear the little kids.....guys these days taking lip from said girlfriends....

I call troll; it's too stereotypical.
On topic; I usually don't use the microphone in any games due to my difficulty talking. I don't use it in this one because I'm not sure quite what I could say. I'm not precisely a master strategist, the game moves quite quickly and I wouldn't know how to refer to certain map locations, so I get the feeling I'd be useless.

(Map locations might have a name that pops up onscreen like in Reach, but my TV is too small and my vision not acute enough to read it.)
#52Leighton04Posted 11/14/2012 8:46:13 AM
Because nobody wants to talk to randoms.
---
I am the law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLFYJrirzQ&feature=related
#53jfrankparnellPosted 11/14/2012 8:51:51 AM
ox0shadow0xo posted...
You're right a lot of people don't talk, but I don't mind it. The times people do have mics it's normally one of three people....
...#2) the squeaker that sings, makes sound effects, talks to himself about how he just died etc., anything to make noise without pause until the end of the match

That has got to be, bar none, the most ANNOYING thing about multiplayer. I fact it's these types (usually a 7 year old kid humming music to himself, talking aloud about nothing, etc) that has kept me off multiplayer games. MUTE IT, KID.
#54MidgardDragon99Posted 11/14/2012 8:59:36 AM
Nezu Chiza posted...
Considering how strict the voice chat restrictions are in terms of banning, people probably just don't want to risk things.

lol, I just came here to laugh at people who play Halo, but this one takes the cake. "oh noes I can't say sexist things better not risk it because clearly I can't stop saying sexist thigns!!"
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#55GeneralKenobi85Posted 11/14/2012 9:04:43 AM
I'd rather just talk to my friends. Party chat was one of the greatest things they ever brought to Xbox Live.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#56theshovellerPosted 11/14/2012 9:05:10 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
Nezu Chiza posted...
Considering how strict the voice chat restrictions are in terms of banning, people probably just don't want to risk things.

lol, I just came here to laugh at people who play Halo, but this one takes the cake. "oh noes I can't say sexist things better not risk it because clearly I can't stop saying sexist thigns!!"

Actually, I'm a bit hesitant to play online with people because, even though I play co-op and not deathmatch-style games, I still yell out stuff like "Mother ******!" when I get killed. Wouldn't want someone to hear that and suddenly I get banned because my frustration at that Elite that took three assault rifle clips to the face and survived is somehow seen as me mad at someone who stood there and watched the whole thing, and they reported me.
#57DT ProPosted 11/14/2012 9:14:38 AM
My mic is usually on, but muted. I'll unmute it if I have other teammates that are actually communicating relevant information so I can return the favor. I don't bother otherwise because I don't particularly like hearing myself talk to nobody, and when I'm talking to nobody I say R-rated stupid stuff. It's not a habit I'm particularly proud of, and I'd imagine it is very annoying to others.
---
"Nobody in the world has lived the next minute." --Dr. Henry D'Antonio
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57547
#58CarpetfluffPosted 11/14/2012 9:14:49 AM
blablab65 posted...
Not sure if there are more people that use their mics in other game modes, but usually in infinity slayer(not big team), theres only one person with a mic. whats up with that?

People don't usually talk in any games these days; the only people who seem to are groups that know each other or that one sad individual who thinks everyone else wants to listen to his life down the mic. Halo obviously has the added onus of the strictness and swiftness of its ban hammer working against it.
#59cjjohnstonPosted 11/14/2012 9:18:18 AM
Cause I have a ststststutter. D:
#60Dark MagicPosted 11/14/2012 10:07:01 AM
I think part of the reason people don't talk comes from the Xbox Live party system. At least on Xbox Live, I spend more time in a party than chatting with a PUG. It kinda sucks too because when I do play with out a party I notice people are doing the same thing.
---
Learn, Think, Play - thegamingmonkey.com