When was the first time you ever played halo?

#31VoidBeyondPosted 11/14/2012 10:58:25 AM
A few weeks before Halo 2 came out, my brother tried getting me to play CE. I was horrible and couldn't get over the pipe at the very beginning.
---
You are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine.
#32yarow12Posted 11/14/2012 11:04:09 AM
After Katrina, someone gave me their Xbox and a few games including Halo: Combat Evolved. I had never heard of Halo or even seen an Xbox in person before that.
One of the greatest games I've ever played.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#33DamorahTalsetPosted 11/14/2012 11:13:15 AM
Same as you, TC.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob
#34dodgefan91Posted 11/14/2012 11:16:23 AM
I didn't have an xbox but my cousin did. I played halo CE probably a few months after it came out. I went out and bought an xbox shortly after the launch of halo 2 and haven't looked back since.
---
GT: TA JKGrizzle
Detroit Red wings, Columbus blue jackets, Cincinnati Bengals.
#35lnknprk_45Posted 11/14/2012 11:26:19 AM
Halo CE on PC in 2005. I got to play it before and after class started because our professor let us install it on the PC's. Halo CE on LAN with a bunch of classmates was awesome.
#36rdking96Posted 11/14/2012 11:28:08 AM
I got an Xbox for Christmas the same year the Xbox was released (2001 I think??)

There were only a handful of games to choose from at launch, and I only had enough money to buy 2 games. Halo looked more enticing than Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey (or whatever it was called), so I got Halo and Project Gotham. Needless to say, Project Gotham didn't get too much play time for the first 5 or 6 months, for I was addicted to Legendary campaign and Blood Gulch MP matches.
---
"If life gives you melons...you might be dyslexic."
360 Gamertag: The Sticky Emu
#37toadbrick45Posted 11/14/2012 11:32:42 AM
The year was 2002, I was 8 years old, my oldest brother was off at college and every time I talked to him, he would tell me about this sweet game called Halo. He was coming home in a couple of weeks for Christmas and he said he would bring it back home for me. I played it with my brother and I fell in love with it almost immediately. I liked everything about it. Soon after I saved up my own money, and bought an Xbox and a copy of CE. I bought and own every game ever since.
#38Booty_CallPosted 11/14/2012 11:34:45 AM
2001 when CE came out. Bought it for PC, was going to be my first FPS online experience, had no idea how bad my internet was until I tried playing online. Got it upgraded eventually. It is now my number 1 nostalgia game next to Diablo and Diablo 2.
---
There is no such thing as a death that's your fault.
#39abear90Posted 11/14/2012 11:36:36 AM
My parents dragged me to a party when I was pretty young, probably 10 or so, and I wandered to where the kids were hanging out to find all of the "older" kids playing a LAN game of capture the flag on blood gulch. They handed me a controller, and of course I had no idea what I was doing, but I remember having a blast anyway.

Halo's been special to me ever since, although it took until Halo 3 to come out before I personally invested in an Xbox.
#40vptwarriorPosted 11/14/2012 11:42:14 AM
Halo 3 about 2008 or 2009 and the reason i hated Halo, friend just didn't teach me how to play and kicked my arse, in 2011 sisters boyfriend showed me how to play properly in Reach so that was my first offical Halo game, loved it and ODST and now i love 4, still hate 3 though, did two muliplayer matches on it and was diappointed.